Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2007 2.5X 5mt
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a Pioneer DEH2100IB SCD installed in a 2007 MY Subaru Forester 2.5x. All my spliced connections are soldered in the wiring harness that plugs into factory clip. Radio has worked great since purchased back in September.

However, was listening the unit on way to work with no issues. Parked car and removed faceplate and stored in in upper dash cubby as I always do. Left work, reattached iPod and faceplate as normal and unit just never turned back on. Hasn't turned back on since. No power to unit it seems.

Hesitant to take unit out due to amount of disassemble required on dash and the fact its cold out. Because unit has always worked fine i'm wondering if there is a tab issue in the faceplate connection that is known to act up and cause unit not to work. Checked fuse in panel but it was intact, replaced with exact 15a just to be sure and no luck.

If there was a bad connection i'm sure it would have acted up during operation but performance has been flawless. It just never turn back on after I reconnected the faceplate.

Help appreciated, Nick D

·
Registered
2007 2.5X 5mt
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure how to check them. Damn thing worked great till i popped off the face plate like I've done so many times. Just never turned back on.

·
Registered
2009 Forester X Premium
125 Posts
Well, if there seems to be no power to the unit, you may want to check the in-line fuse or possibly the radio fuse in the fuse box if you haven't already. Also, as said in the post above, the faceplate connections may have broken...:shake: Do you put the faceplate in its case? Or, do you just put it in your glove box or pocket. In either case, check to see if the terminals on the face plate are clean (lint or otherwise). Hmm, also if you are not getting power and everything else looks good, then you may have blown the internal fuse on the amp. That would require taking out the HU and sending it in for repair. This could happen by a sudden jolt of power, possibly when re-attaching the faceplate it arced across terminals, causing the havoc. (somehow I doubt this happened, but you never know.) Sorry I can't be of more help, this is the stuff I would think of first.

·
Registered
2007 2.5X 5mt
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Gonna yank it right now. I have never had a head unit do this to me. Thing cost me $120 new at target. Sucks I have to rip it out again. The HVAC unit is a pain in the donkey to remove. Ill take the opportunity to run power to the upper dash cubby for a future GPS. No idea why it went on the frits.

·
Registered
2007 2.5X 5mt
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, had her yanked out. Sucks because I left the camera at my girls house,was going to make a video tutorial for you guys on replacing head units :(.

Anyway disconnect all the wires and had my multi-meter handy, sniff around for a bit scratching my head. Couldn't find anything obvious. Took the time to replace electrical tape with heat shrink tubing on connections. Plugged radio back in and i heard a motor wine and the damn thing came to life. So I guess disconnecting the power reset it and made it work.:confused::shrug::huh:

But I will use my cell phone to take pictures of the installation so I can still make a pictorial tutorial. (hey that rhymes)

·
Registered
2017 Forester Premium
3,100 Posts
My Alpine was like that . Sometimes you'd have to take the face off and pop it on again to get it to work. The little brass connections between the deck and faceplate can be finicky sometimes, glad you got it working.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.