Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2009 Outback XT-B 5MT
10,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may have posted this before, but was hoping other people wore them.

I've got a pair of Prototipos now (in BRG!) and I really like them. They've got some age on them now, and I have been thinking about replacing them with another pair of Pilotis. They are easily the best shoes I've ever owned, bar none.

Does anyone have any of their leather variants?

I'm trying to decide between the Saddle Prototipos, the Vintage Saddle or Soy Brown, or Vintage Oxblood Sebrings.

The main hold-up is color. The internet doesn't do a good job representing color, so I was hoping someone owned a pair and could comment.

If you want to vote on what color you like the best, that'd be great too.

Saddle Prototipos: Piloti - Leather Prototipo

Soy Brown Sebring: Piloti - Sebring

Vintage Saddle Sebring: Piloti - Sebring

Vintage Oxblood Sebring: Piloti - Sebring

I'm leaning mostly towards the Prototipos, but am a little nervous that they'll be too orange-y. The soy-brown Sebrings are tied with the vintage saddle sebrings. The oxbloods are on the bottom of the list, but are somehow attractive in that classic english roadster interior kind of way.

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
1,545 Posts
Bac5.2........I'm guessing you are planning on wearing these as your daily walkers/shoes and not for track use because you are concerned about color. When it comes to color it is a personal choice but you should try to match them to the majority of your wardrobe. That being said I like the vintage/saddle. ??? Why not black? Probably most versatile. I have been looking into getting these shoes, manufacturer, glad to hear that you really like them!
I'm looking to get into KARTING and will probably get a pair to match my racing suit once I decide on suit color.

·
Vendor
2017 Outback 3.6R Limited High Torque CVT
1,002 Posts
I would like to place my vote for the Soy Brown Sebring as they seem to be something that would match a lot of things. The first ones you picked out are nice too but I agree with you about the color, looks like it may be a bit orange. Do you plan on wearing them just as driving shoes?

·
Premium Member
2009 Outback XT-B 5MT
10,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll be wearing them daily, just like I do my current Prototipos. I'll wear them at the track also, but not exclusively.

I think I've decided on the soy brown Sebring. I wear a lot of jeans and khakis, and black wouldn't go with khakis I don't think.

·
Premium Member
2009 Outback XT-B 5MT
10,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I ended up getting a pair of Sebrings. Super comfy, and look pretty cool to boot.

What's funny though, is this label inside...

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
1,545 Posts
Funny, Maybe they were thinking they could match the shoes with a body after a multi car wreck. :biggrin: Scary though!

Enjoy the new shoes.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts