Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 5MT
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done some extensive research on here, as well as iwsti.com and rs25.com and cannot find any information on piggyback engine management for the 03-05 n/a foresters.

Now I saw how Bobby used the SMT6 for his sons AVO turbo swapped 03XS, but are there other piggyback options?

I'm fairly positive the GReddy Emanage Blue will work with the right settings. I cannot find any information about the Emanage Ultimate though. It appears that the Ultimate is not a universal unit like the Blue. Ideally I would like to use the Ultimate as a harness can be made rather inexpensively and has some nice tuning features.

I'm trying to stay away from FMU's with boost timing retarders and voltage clamps. Also, engine swaps; I can spend the same amount of money, if not less, on a used EJ251 built to my spec with custom up pipes to fit and not have to swap the crossmember and pull the dash to harness merge and all that jazz. A motor swap is way more labor intensive.

So I guess my question is, what other piggyback options are out there for an EJ251 turbo build. Has anyone here used an Emanage Blue or Ultimate on a 03+ EJ251?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.