Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 X Mt
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was fitting in a winter front (cardboard rad block), and from the upper left grill area in front of the rad, (near the air intake) a piece of foam did fall. I thought it must be for vibration dampening, as there are others between the rad and the plastic grill.
Before I dismantle the grill to fit it back in somewhere, does anyone recognize it as overly important or even necessary (if a knock from a piece of cardboard made it fall out....)

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 Forester X 6spd
323 Posts
It goes bechind the bumper on either side of the plastic reinforcement. They are unnessasary. They are only stuck on with a little two sided tape.

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT 4EAT
29 Posts
What is confusing me is that I have foam pieces on both sides in tact. I swear I'm not nuts, but the piece I found seems to be a 3rd foam piece! Maybe my bumper was replaced and one of the pieces remained??? It's an '09 that I just bought so I don't know much about the history.

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT 4EAT
29 Posts
Mystery Solved

I took my car to the dealer today for a free oil change and gave them the piece of foam. They took one look at it and threw it in the trash. I guess it's used for shipping, but supposed to be removed after that.

-Nick

1 - 8 of 8 Posts