Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Forester S 5 MT
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have pics of their fake wood factory dash? I was at the wrecker on the weekend and found a 99 S with leather and the wood dash kit (around the HVAC/radio and window/dook locks switches). I was wondering what it looks like - I might go back and pick it up. I have an 01 S in black.

Thanks.

·
scarred from battle
730 Posts
I can try to snap some for you next weekend.

In my case - the black plastic wasn't in great shape, and the OEM wood trim wasn't that expensive, so i figured what the heck?

It's a nice color, but obviously fake wood. I don't think it enhances the interior all that much, but it did look a lot better than the parts it replaced.

·
Registered
2001 Forester S 5 MT
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure I like the look either (the fake wood really looks fake and plastically) but it might be different enough.

·
scarred from battle
730 Posts
Sorry - to make that clear - I'm not saying i think it generally looks better than the black plastic. I'm saying that in my case - because the wood parts were new - that it looked better than the worn plastic i was replacing. I think this is one of those personal taste moments.

I also think it'll look apprecibly better in cars with beige interiors (like mine) than in those with gray.

I've also got leather seats/door panels, so the wood doesn't really clash. it probably won't be as nice with the OEM fabric pattern.

·
scarred from battle
730 Posts
I didn't forget about you! Pics below. Also - now that i've switched back to black, I really think the wood trim is better.

Attachments

·
Registered
2001 Forester S 5 MT
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Blitzoid. I decided to stick with my black trim after all.

·
Registered
2015 RDS Manual
883 Posts
yeah my bro has that... actually his car looks exactly like yours... same color... 1998 Forester L

1 - 10 of 10 Posts