Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my car for exactly three weeks to the day and decided to spend 3 hours in the cold today giving my her some TLC... (temps were 42 when I started and had dropped to 36 when I left)

My TR is still stock and the only change I've made was to swap tail lights with an '05 STI owner.

First couple pics were taken at the car wash, and the last few along a country road on my drive back home.

Now my wife is hassling me to clay bar her car as well... :lol:

-Chike

·
Registered
1998 Forester "S" lifted. Bog-o-matic
2,006 Posts
Boooooo

Traitor!!!!

:p

J/P

Steel grey looks amaizing with the red calipers.

We just delivered one to a customer that had his 02 WRX totaled by a drunk driver.

Beautiful car.

·
06 X Auto
2006 Auto Auto
976 Posts
Boy, that sure looks spiffy! I was torn between that and the Forester--the cheapness in me won out. I still like my Forester but I bet that's a blast to drive.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I'm looking forward to a full season in SCCA D-Stock this year and going to Cobb Stage 3 in the Fall. :cool:

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ogopogo said:
I still like my Forester but I bet that's a blast to drive.
The inner demon in me won that battle! She's an amazing blast to drive on twisty back roads!!!

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Very nice, my friend lets me drive the crap out of his new 06 TR hehehe

And i gotta say i love the stock handling....

·
The convert formely known as Lexusfreak
2003 XS
3,970 Posts
I like that color! Would really look sharp with some classy tint. ;)

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lexusfreak said:
I like that color! Would really look sharp with some classy tint. ;)
Not a huge fan of tint, but we'll see what I do down the road. My first autoX is this coming weekend, so 'look cool' mods aren't my biggest priority just yet.

I'm kinda excited to see how she handles herself around a tight course.

·
I Heart Beer
2000 Forester L
714 Posts
looks awesome, i think thats gonna be my next car.
very nice, i washed my car the other day as well and i frose my fingers off, didn't have the dedication to wax it though let alone claybar it. nice work
oh and looks a million times better with the swapped tail lights

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MY00Forest said:
looks awesome, i think thats gonna be my next car.
very nice, i washed my car the other day as well and i frose my fingers off, didn't have the dedication to wax it though let alone claybar it. nice work
oh and looks a million times better with the swapped tail lights
Thanks. I didn't expect to be out in the cold as long as I did, but once I started, I just couldn't stop! :eek:

The '06 WRX is really turning out to be quite the sleeper (kinda like the '04 FXT when it was first released). Several tuners are dynoing these cars bone stock at 202-206whp & 230+wtq (Cobb got 202whp & 234 wtq on their in-house Mustang dyno), which is roughly 25-30whp and 45-50wtq higher than the numbers they saw on the SAME dynos for '02-'05 WRXs!!! One NASIOC member in AZ has already gone 13.81 @ 100.2mph on 91 octane...

My TR already has 4,000 miles (yeah I've been driving everywhere) and it feels every bit as fast as my former '00 SVT Lightning in which I ran a 13.64 @ 101mph... ;)

·
I Heart Beer
2000 Forester L
714 Posts
Chiketkd said:
My TR already has 4,000 miles (yeah I've been driving everywhere) and it feels every bit as fast as my former '00 SVT Lightning in which I ran a 13.64 @ 101mph... ;)
you may have just sold me, and i love that color. now when are you gonna get rid of some of that wheel gap, ha jk

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
MY00Forest said:
you may have just sold me, and i love that color. now when are you gonna get rid of some of that wheel gap, ha jk
I really would like to put some sti pink springs (designed specifically for the stock shocks) on my car but it will have to wait due to my autoX plans in '06 (lowers car about 1-1.5"). If I wanted to move up into STU (from D-Stock) then I could go all out and get coil-overs.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ScoobyDoobie said:
Hey Chike,

I was driving behind you on Emmet street last night. Those taillights do look really good in person!
Hey,

I thought I saw a Forester behind me. Was your old screen name Al Forester? We should meet up sometime. Thanks for the compliment! :)

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ScoobyDoobie said:
Yeah that was my old sn. Wouldn't mind riding in the TR sometime, good looking car.
Let me know - I'll take ya for a spin!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts