Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
09 Forester XT
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed some new oem subaru parts that I picked up for a great deal on the foz!

First was a rear cover, for vacations etc and to keep things secure. Install stainless side up after popping out the side covers, I tried to install with the same color and type of finish that the forester has inside, and was frustrated quick, always get frustrated when I know it should be simple. Looks and functions great, I would say this is a great item to get!

And I hated the way the factory frame looked on the foz, so went with these, I love the clean look.

Pretty straightforward, no install tips.

·
Banned
09 Forester XT
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Then, I love the giant sunroof and love having it open, but hate the sound from it when open, (the helicopter woosh) so I installed a sunroof ventshade. Tricky install by myself, would be much better to have a couple people helping to hold clips etc, I taped my clips into position and lined everything up forward...then after slightly tight pulled back to pop the rubber seal out and snugged down. It was tricky. Also to note the instructions say to use 3m tape where the bolts touch, but they don't come close to the paint, and I found I didn't need these steps or the tape and have no issues whatsoever.

Works well as a sunblock even with the shade open.

Love the way it makes the front look.

·
Banned
09 Forester XT
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Next was the sports grille, a pita...but well worth it in the end, I used my ratchet phillips and lots of cusswords to do it without pulling the bumper, but in the end would recommend pulling the bumper if doing it again, absolutely love how it turned out and how it completes the whole front end look I was shooting for.

Before...

Again, follow the instructions and pull the bumper off. I honestly couldn't find any more clips holding my bumper, but it was not moving, and with the side wheel moldings etc I wondered if it was holding on, regardless I just wrenched until it was in, p.i.t.a!!! Love the turnout though!

Here is a completed front end shot, great little ski town called red lodge montana, they had a couple feet of snow last week, 70 there today.

·
Banned
09 Forester XT
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some more shots, also added a factory subwoofer, just pulled the harness through, pretty easy to do, didn't move any of the console in the center, just wiggled it through, sounds great with rock bass, definately not boomy like subs in a box, but fills the sound nicely, I enjoy it, glad I picked it up cheap.

More red lodge shots....also added some Rallyarmor mudflaps, they are insanely easy to install, and really complete the look of the car. I absolutely love how much better it looks from the rear end. Pardon my postwhoring!!!

The strip in Red Lodge, again a great spot to visit...

The flaps are amazing, super flexible, look fantastic, almost wet all the time, and catch a ton of debris from hitting the paint...

·
Banned
09 Forester XT
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Also to note the sunroof deflector has a nice lip to it that seems to kick the air way over, at 70 mph you can put your hand just above the roof hole and hardly feel any air, hopefully will help with throwing air over trailers....

·
Banned
09 Forester XT
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Again love the flaps, really completed the rear end and added a rally touch while not attracting too much attention. I like it being the family car still and we use it for a lot of utility.

Any questions on any of the mods hit me up, glad to help in any way!

·
Banned
09 Forester XT
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi.

What is the part number for the front black stainless steel bracket? Looks sweet.
License Plate Bracket (Front) - 2009 Subaru Forester
[SOA342L120]

I picked all this up cheap like I said with a great hookup at the parts dept....the subwoofer I don't know If I would have paid retail by any means, but it is a nice add on the wife loves and for the price was a good buy.

·
Banned
09 Forester XT
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
One more thing...what are you doing with your stock grill?

wanna sell it? Mine has taken some rock damage?
Indeed, I was going to throw it on the flea bay and should keep it as it is mint, zero issues or scratches and screws were all removed carefully.

Shoot me an offer! I will trade for a lightbar, lol! Let me know before I throw it on the bay! :Banane17:

·
Registered
2009 Premium X AT
866 Posts
Thanks, it really made a difference in the look I think, I could use some hella's behind that sport grille but went bankrupt on all the add ons as is...LOL.
Lol, seems like the mod bug got you too! Just wait for the next paycheck.. then let the mods continue! :biggrin:

·
Banned
09 Forester XT
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lol, seems like the mod bug got you too! Just wait for the next paycheck.. then let the mods continue! :biggrin:
Yeah, I already said I was not going to do anything but then...yeah it got me. I think I am done for a while however, love the simple look as is. (famous last words I know)

·
Registered
2010 Forester
15 Posts
great read and great looking foz. thanks for sharing.

question about the wind deflector...

i installed this at purchase, but am regretting it a bit as i find it takes away from the overall looks, however, if it functions properly it will be worth it...so,

does it effectively remove the wind noise enough so that i can travel with the sunroof completely open at highway speeds?

thanks again!

·
Registered
2012 2.5 X Touring 4EAT
47 Posts
Eekenterprises - are your wheel well arches well secured? I am looking to buy some but I hear so many negative revues. I would appreciate you views. Thank you.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts