Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2017 '08 2.5x / '17 2.5i 4EAT, CVT
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Plan to pick up a new 2010 Limited Wed morning. The new one will be for the wife and I'll be keeping the 2008 for utility/fun when I'm not commuting to/from work (60 mi round trip) with my 2009 Civic. After the usual dance I'm getting it for invoice, about $2000 off sticker. Does this sound like a decent deal these days or are some dealers coming down a little more?

·
Registered
2009 2.5X Limited 4EAT
386 Posts
Guess it still depends on the market. I got mine for $3000 below invoice when nobody was buying cars. Now, it's a bit different given the popularity of soobies. I still say you could get another $1000 knocked off or $500 at least.

Can you price some online? Call other dealerships, get quotes, and let your sales rep know how precious your money is. If you can get better quotes from other dealerships (if you inquire online, they'll call you), just let your dealer know that $500 might be a deal breaker for you. I bet he'll come down.

just a suggestion.

Good luck! :biggrin:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, last Fall they were coming down that much around here too. Then during the long, cold winter they weren't dealing much at all and Foresters were still flying off the lot. Things are starting to slack off a bit but they're still really popular. Guess if I want a better deal I may have to wait longer, with gas prices going up it may not be all that long. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, things didn't go as planned this morning. The Forester had been brought over from another dealer a couple hundred miles away (not at my request) and had gotten a rock chip in the windshield. Went down to pick it up this morning after they'd replaced it but there was an aftermarket windshield with no heating element along the bottom edge for the wipers, which is part of the all-weather package. Whoever installed it had also partly covered up the VIN so it couldn't be read. I like to think they weren't trying to pull a fast one but both my wife and I just had a bad feeling about the whole thing (not good to ignore those gut feelings) so we declined the vehicle and now plan to wait until the 2011's come in and see about one then.

·
Fast & Dirty
2009 Forester XT 4 speed auto
4,039 Posts
Good call.

I never trust dealerships when something like that happens. I would document it and send a note to SOA. Not a good reflection of the company.

Save some money and see if can get a used 09.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Subieoutlaw and 2.5x_Sleeper. Yeah, I'm kinda bummed but feel better than if I hadn't noticed the problems until after I got it home. A used one is an option but I think the wife really wants a new one so will likely wait until the 2011's come out. Who knows, maybe they'll have the CVT as an option, wouldn't mind the better mpg.

·
Registered
2020 Forester Limited CVT
63 Posts
When is the expected release of the 2011's? Is there any known updates that will be new on the 2011's?

I'm curious, cuz I really want one and will hopefully be in the market for one soon, but I'd like to know if it would be worth waiting until the 2011 models come out.

·
Registered
2020 Forester Limited CVT
63 Posts
Cool....looks like I'll be getting one of those as I'm not quite ready yet to puchase. But, I'm researching like crazy! Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
2009 2.5X Limited 4EAT
386 Posts
Well, things didn't go as planned this morning. The Forester had been brought over from another dealer a couple hundred miles away (not at my request) and had gotten a rock chip in the windshield. Went down to pick it up this morning after they'd replaced it but there was an aftermarket windshield with no heating element along the bottom edge for the wipers, which is part of the all-weather package. Whoever installed it had also partly covered up the VIN so it couldn't be read. I like to think they weren't trying to pull a fast one but both my wife and I just had a bad feeling about the whole thing (not good to ignore those gut feelings) so we declined the vehicle and now plan to wait until the 2011's come in and see about one then.
Snakes. Aftermarket windshield, no heating element, shady deals-- :crazy:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts