Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the car I loved was just totalled because I was rear ended. I have a lot of friends who have subies so I figured I would look for one too.

Will be picking up my 2014 Forester Premium in a few days. Has 67k miles and is a 6 speed. Has a super clean carfax with one owner and a ton of maintnenace records. Brand new tires, brakes and whole clutch assembly. On the test drive it drove like a dream and was much quieter than my last car.

Any things I need to be on the lookout for or common upgrades?

·
Registered
2017 Forester Touring 2.5 Automatic
433 Posts
Congratulations. Nothing like a Subaru, simple as that! At age 76, I consider my Forester to be the best vehicle owned in my lifetime. You'll love it!:wink2:

·
Registered
Sahuarita, AZ 2018 Forester Limited
2,812 Posts
I'd be on the lookout for oil consumption, especially since you have the 6 speed manual transmission. Do a site search for threads on the topic.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah that was my one concern. My 2012 and 2013 Hyundai Accents were consuming about a quart between oil changes at 5k miles and I read it was partly because they were a GDI engine.looking through all the maintenance history on this car it doesn't seem like oil consumption ever came up but I will be on the loookout. Our friends outback was guzzling oil and they got a new short block out of it.

But being this is a used vehicle out of warranty I think I'd be out of luck.

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5i
300 Posts
welcome to the forum and good luck with the new foz. in my opinion your first project would be to find a good spot to park to get an accurate reading on the dipstick. if the cars tipped one way or another even just a little you will get an innacurate reading and one thing you don't want to do is drive around short a quart or more. you should still be covered under the extended warranty for oil consumption.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good to know. I have a 2 car garage with a level floor so I shoukd get good readings. I'll post updates. I found a product from crawford that is an air/oil separator which is designed specifically for subaru oil issues.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Drove just over 3k miles since I bought the car and not a drop of oil less on the dipstick! My Accent would be down almost a quart by now. Changing the oil now to Amsoil oil and filters like I use for all my vehicles and equipment and doing away with what ever the place that sold me put in there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts