Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
if they would just put the 2.5 in the crosstrek I know a couple people who would be more interested.'

What kind of pricing and is it MT or CVT?

The 2013 outback is getting kind of old.. and need to decide if we are putting 2500-3k into it or trading in.

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if they would just put the 2.5 in the crosstrek I know a couple people who would be more interested.'

What kind of pricing and is it MT or CVT?

The 2013 outback is getting kind of old.. and need to decide if we are putting 2500-3k into it or trading in.
It has a CVT. No more manuals for me. They are unsellable. My 2016 Chev Spark and I will take a loss. Have gotten zero offers in 3 weeks. It only has 32K miles.

The XV will not be changed til '21. So no engine upgrades. Actually I am more than happy with the engine. The FB25 is a bored out FB20 so it should be a more solid engine. Not that there is anything wrong with the FB25. m The FB20 is a "Square" engine. And I will probably get 30+ mpg all around. I have a very light foot and actually try to get good mileage.

I actually get just under 25 mpg actual on the XT..overall. (My wife is a little old lady ;))

·
Registered
123 Posts
Wow. I am hoping my 95 Civic with manual transmission will bring in a few more $ than others. KBB said $300-500 value, but on CL, they are *asking* $1500-$2500. Mine is in really good condition. But than, Civics might attract a different buyer than a Chevy Spark. I'm happy and sad to no longer have a manual transmission.

The Crosstrek is nice, but I wanted the larger storage area of the Forester. Getting a bike into the trunk of the Civic was not fun.

·
Registered
88 Posts
It has a CVT. No more manuals for me. They are unsellable. My 2016 Chev Spark and I will take a loss. Have gotten zero offers in 3 weeks. It only has 32K miles.
Maybe because it's a Spark ;)

A year and a half ago, I sold my 2000 Forester for $4,850, a 5-speed.

·
Premium Member
3,117 Posts
My wife has a 2018 Crosstrek Ltd and LOVES it.......she's funny because she goes a bit nuts when she sees another 'Trek in the same light blue, apparently, that color is the hardest to get so she feels less likely to see her car whenever she's out driving....

I drive her car infrequently because while it's very nice, I don't fit quite as well being 6'3" and the interior is a tad tight for me......seats are very nice, the refinement of the new SGP platform is very obvious as compared with my 2015 OB Ltd....soon to be replaced by a 2020 Forester Touring, based on what I did not like about the Gen 6 OutBack. That reflective 11" tall center stack is just a mess of reflections and dust....not at all usable for me. Others will like it but I hate the iPad look that so many competitors have adopted.

Good luck with your new ride!

Steve

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
...based on what I did not like about the Gen 6 OutBack. That reflective 11" tall center stack is just a mess of reflections and dust....not at all usable for me. Others will like it but I hate the iPad look that so many competitors have adopted.
Not only that the HVAC controls are now incorporated into the touch screen on the 2020 OB.

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well with a hundred miles on it..I am in love..lol. It is a premium with 2700 of options. MSRP=$27039 + Tax and tags etc. Out the Door was $27, 360. It has blind spot and rear cross traffic alert plus a Mooonroof and a few other minor things. If you can believe it, I like it more than my '18 Forester XT. The Forester has a heavier Stabilizer bar which I installed but it is at least the equal in handling. Its very stable and the ride is great. Visibility is great and you sit as high as the forester. Ground clearance is the same. Obviously 100 fewer HP makes a difference. But like many other people say its slow, I disagree. I bet till the dust setles it is above average of all the cars on the road. With the paddles it moves right out..no problem. The average gas mileage after 100 miles was 35 mpg..probably at least 1.5 mpg optimistic)

In short, I could not be happier. Its a truly great car. BTW I removed the rear headrests just like on the forester for better visibility.

The second photo is the wife's XT ;)

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
The XV will not be changed til '21. So no engine upgrades.
Well they introduced the fb25 mid cycle so I'm not sure that will happen but I also doubt they change any engine options.

(2013 on outback, 2011 on forester)

Congrats on the new car.. I had no issues selling both my MT equipped Subaru.

I had to order the one(7 weeks) and wait 3 weeks for the other.. Premium couldnt be found in Ohio just base MT.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
11 Participants
supasta
Subaru Forester Owners Forum
We’re the best Subaru Forester Owners Forum to talk about the best years of the Subaru Forester, modifications and reliability history of the Subaru Forester.
Full Forum Listing