Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Forester L Autotragic
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I am going to try and grab a 2001 Forester L tomorrow to add to our stable of 14 BRZ - 14 Forester XT - and 07 STI Limited. Its an auto and that is not something I would normally buy but as a daily driver with regular bumper to bumper commute I might not mind so bad.

Far as I have been told it has a new AC compressor, AC Condenser, valve cover gaskets, and front axles.

I have several items left over from our 07 STI, I am told the struts and springs and mounts will all work on the Forester? If so I will slap them on asap ;). Also have an 07 STI radiator if that is any kind of upgrade. Also have an 07 STI exhaust if that will mate up?

Anyways I look forward to owning what I would consider an older Subaru. Love the brand ;).

Can anyone confirm if any of those items I listed will indeed fit? I understand there is a ton of info here and I do plan to read it in time. But with trying to learn all I can with the BRZ its a chore :).

Thank you in advance for the help fine people of the community ;)

·
Registered
2002 ES300
4,412 Posts
I think you need different top hats / re-use your old ones. The exhaust will need some slight modifications / cut & welding to fit. ... How many miles on it?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Forester has 118k on it, the STI exhaust has 70k. Not sure I care to fit the STI exhaust, was just wondering.

Sorry I made my intro thread into a help me thread ;)

·
Registered
2002 ES300
4,412 Posts
As you're probably aware and everyone will tell you, make sure the timing belt and associated items are up to date. And keep an eye on the headgaskets. And. You're not the first to have an intro/need help member to post. Welcome aboard, post some pics, and start a mod journal too. Haha.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I purchased it today! Guy had no idea when the belt was replaced so I went ahead and purchased a full Gates kit with waterpump. Also grabbed a crank front seal while I am in there.

I need to find some parts however. When I arrived I found that the core support was tweeked a bit as was the grill mounting and the front bumper :(. But I beat him down on the cost due to this!

Drove it a good hour today some city and some highway and it felt great. Easy to love it that is for sure. Even stepping out of our 2014 Forester XT and jumping into the 2001 is a treat :).

I have a feeling my 1st images to share will be neck deep in snow in the morning.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you Bobby I think it will be a blast.

Can anyone direct me to a how to on swapping WRX STI struts and springs onto this? I hear its mostly bolt on but some strut slotting needs to be done?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts