Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've literally been running on adrenaline since taking delivery on Saturday (1/28) just before noon. Definitely very pleased in every way with my new WRX TR: the purchasing experience at Pence Subaru was A+; my salesman Bill Fallon was straight forward an honest throughout the entire process; my wife and I were in-and-out in roughly 75 minutes; my new car looks amazing and moves like lightning! :cool:

The new 2.5L turbo engine in the '06 WRXs is a torque monster and makes the car a breeze to drive off-boost around town and on the highway. I took her along a few twisty backroads and there's definitely a lot less body roll compared to my former SVX. However, the driving position doesn't feel as *sporty* since I'm sitting more upright in a 4 door sedan compared to a low slung SVX.

Looking forward to SCCA D-stock autoX competition this year! :cool:

-Chike

·
Ze flying Russian
2007 STI
2,008 Posts
Congratulations! The engine bay looks very familiar, it is Forester XT under the hood for sure. Car looks great, I really like the combination of grey body color and silver wheels ... well at least while they are both clean and shiny :D

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone! :)
Adster01 said:
Nice! Like to see some more pics of the SVX too
The black spoiler-less SVX in that one pic belongs to my friend Andrew. Here's a couple of my former brilliant red '96:

-Chike

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
Replace the stock shiftknob with something nicer and your interior would be perfect.. ;) I like the new steeringwheels.

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,459 Posts
Is that the exact same intercooler the Forester XT has?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ZuMBLe said:
Replace the stock shiftknob with something nicer and your interior would be perfect.. ;) I like the new steeringwheels.
I definitely love the new steering wheel. I'll eventually get a new shift knob. :)
pleiad7 said:
Is that the exact same intercooler the Forester XT has?
From what I understand, it's the exact same intercooler.
ScoobyDoobie said:
Nice new purchase man. I've seen your friend's car at PVCC. SVXtacy correct? :cool:

I bet the owner of your old SVX is quite happy right now too!
That's my friend. His custom license plates do say 'SVXtacy'.

Yeah, the guy who bought my '96 is Kevin Thomas who's a moderator on NASIOC and XT6.net. He picked it up last week and has already gotten it dyno'd. I previously got 165whp when it was relatively stock, and he got 175whp after the mods I did in '05 (cams, exhaust). More power could be made, but the stock SVX MAF maxes out at ~250hp (at the crank) which doesn't help things.

-Chike

·
Premium Member
06 FXT
2,278 Posts
Congrats on the new ride!

I really dig the stock rims on 06 WRXs. I wonder how they would look on the 06 FXTs....

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SKSTI said:
Congrats on the new ride!

I really dig the stock rims on 06 WRXs. I wonder how they would look on the 06 FXTs....
For an OE wheel I actually like them alot! I'm sure they would look hot on an FXT of any model year. I've seen some sets go on Ebay for ~$500.

-Chike

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sirwilliam said:
That is a pretty sweet ride...I keep looking at the same model and color at a local shop. I like the seats.
Thanks. She really is a blast to drive in every way! :)

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sirwilliam said:
Looks like it got the forester TMIC as well. Need to post a pic of the rear.;)
This is the only pic I took of the rear right when I was leaving the dealer:

-Chike

P.S. It definitely looks like the FXT TMIC.

·
Registered
2008 FSXT
219 Posts
my cousin has a blue one and was one of the first ones here in orlando to get an o6 model. he has sport bucket seats and 6 disc cd changer.

nice color though i like it :cool:

·
BLUE WASABI, (#2 Info Provider)
2008 SG Model D
9,051 Posts
vortmax said:
I'm surprised they used the same IC as the FXT...get ready for heat-soak!!! :)
On the stock ECU mapping and a TD04 it is fine...plus they have a bigger scoop so they will get more airflow than the XT.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imprezaWRC said:
sweet car :)
Thanks!
agentorange said:
my cousin has a blue one and was one of the first ones here in orlando to get an o6 model. he has sport bucket seats and 6 disc cd changer.

nice color though i like it :cool:
Sounds like your cousin has the regular WRX w/ fogs.

Thanks! I really love the color! :)
sirwilliam said:
On the stock ECU mapping and a TD04 it is fine...plus they have a bigger scoop so they will get more airflow than the XT.
That's correct. The re-designed front end and air scoop on the '06 WRX & STI are supposed to be just as efficient as the '04/'05 STi scoop, despite the smaller size...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts