Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Forester X Touring
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the long delay in getting these photos. I finally remembered to take them last weekend while installing my snow tires.

I would have posted them in this thread http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f118/rear-subframe-bushing-inserts-completed-sh-chassis-taking-pre-orders-98059/, but it's already locked.

Anyway, my Forester X Touring (Canadian model) has a build date of June, 2008. Is there any hope that the Powerflex Rear Subframe Bushing Inserts will fit? Thanks so much for your assistance with everything! :icon_cool:

·
Registered
2009 Forester X Touring
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT 6spd/8spd/Many Gears CVT
1,539 Posts
a third type of bushing, Gary?
Second design. But, a proper bushing that is meant for those who have the older style bushing insert in their subframes. :)

IF it works the way I want it, then we will have a set for those that have a car with a production date prior to 6/10. We will offer it in the Comfort rating and possibly in the Sport rating.

Gary

·
Registered
2009 Forester X Touring
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Second design. But, a proper bushing that is meant for those who have the older style bushing insert in their subframes. :)

IF it works the way I want it, then we will have a set for those that have a car with a production date prior to 6/10. We will offer it in the Comfort rating and possibly in the Sport rating.

Gary
Any update on the prototypes and potential production date for the pre-06-10 style bushings? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Any update on the prototypes and potential production date for the pre-06-10 style bushings? Thanks!
Powerflex has been busy with quite a few projects at the moment and a few that we have been involved with. These are on their list of things to do. We are pushing them as well to get prototypes made.

Gary

·
Registered
2009 Forester X Touring
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Powerflex has been busy with quite a few projects at the moment and a few that we have been involved with. These are on their list of things to do. We are pushing them as well to get prototypes made.

Gary
I just wanted to check it to see if there has been any progress with Powerflex yet or if we are still on the "to-do" list! Thanks! :icon_cool:

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I just wanted to check it to see if there has been any progress with Powerflex yet or if we are still on the "to-do" list! Thanks! :icon_cool:
It definitely is still on the To Do list for sure. They have to make an all new tool for what we are requesting and we are waiting on that to be made right now. But it is being worked on.

Gary

·
Registered
2013 Forester Automatic due to bad leg.
414 Posts
It definitely is still on the To Do list for sure. They have to make an all new tool for what we are requesting and we are waiting on that to be made right now. But it is being worked on.

Gary
FWIW with all the $-market gone to poop and a ton of buyers buying more used's to fix up this should be a sort-of no-brainer. Unless they feel the market isn't there? I know of easily 5 Foresters, 2 within a 1 mile radius of you who's factory bushings are pretty shot and their owners would love something that would last longer than 5-7 years.

90k is a perfect point to buy used, do an engine swap and soup the things up and in a way, you're still ahead on expense if you don't worry about a factory warranty.

(*Yes, we all know owning something past the 5 year mark is purely absurd in manufacturer's minds. Then again, I just replaced rubbers on my 16 year old 4Runner.)

Just saying, if my logic doesn't read clear I can stop in after work or on lunch to clarify.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
FWIW with all the $-market gone to poop and a ton of buyers buying more used's to fix up this should be a sort-of no-brainer. Unless they feel the market isn't there? I know of easily 5 Foresters, 2 within a 1 mile radius of you who's factory bushings are pretty shot and their owners would love something that would last longer than 5-7 years.

90k is a perfect point to buy used, do an engine swap and soup the things up and in a way, you're still ahead on expense if you don't worry about a factory warranty.

(*Yes, we all know owning something past the 5 year mark is purely absurd in manufacturer's minds. Then again, I just replaced rubbers on my 16 year old 4Runner.)

Just saying, if my logic doesn't read clear I can stop in after work or on lunch to clarify.
We do install a lot of bushings not because it just improving performance but also because it is a more worthwhile upgrade than putting in a new stock bushing. Our Bushing companies come with lifetime warranties on their products. So we are never worried about bushings going bad and we have cars with bushings in them for more than 5-years without any issues.

Gary

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I am told that Prototypes of these should be arriving with us in a couple of weeks. After we perform a test fitment on a local car here and work out well, we will be having these go straight into production! We will offer Comfort and Sport ratings.

Will keep people updated on this as I know many of you are waiting on these!

Thanks,
Gary

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5X 5MT
63 Posts
Awesome news, Gary. Can hardly wait to install them on my car. I should be ordering the lowering springs along with the sway bars sometime next week. Looking forward to the improvements in handling.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Awesome news, Gary. Can hardly wait to install them on my car. I should be ordering the lowering springs along with the sway bars sometime next week. Looking forward to the improvements in handling.
We are eagerly waiting on the prototypes as well as we know many of you will be wanting these and will notice an improvement in the feel of the car right away.

Once the sets start going into production, we will be letting everyone know and start taking pre-orders on them. :)

Thanks,
Gary

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I will be able to drop by next week, if you will have time during the week.
It is preferred that we have a car that is closer to us as we want to check up on it to make sure that if changes need to be made, we can look at it sooner without having to inconvenience you for a 4+hr round trip drive. But we will definitely keep you in mind.

Thanks,
Gary

·
Registered
06 Forester STI 2006 USDM sti 6 m/t DCCD pro
154 Posts

What can I do to fix this ? Drop everything to the ground and replace the subframe with an Sti one... ;-P...

My 06XT model, 75K ... thank for advices...

Peter,

1 - 20 of 23 Posts