Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Premium X AT
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm sorry if this has been discussed before, but the claims now on these "performance chips" is just getting more and more ridiculous. For example... this one:

NEW 2009 SUBARU FORESTER #1 REAL PERFORMANCE CHIP SAVE:eBay Motors (item 270497972329 end time Jan-06-10 16:03:36 PST)

I remember a way back when when they claimed it was 10 horsepower and 10mpg, but now come on, honestly. These claims are absolutely RIDICULOUS. 500 horsepower?!?! 100 mpg?!?!?! are they out of their minds?!?!?!? Mind my language, but these claims are absolute bullsh*t. I mean, how can one little piece do this much, and cost only $24.... They are ridiculous. Turbocharging your car, tuning, etc etc, you can spend thousands of dollars and its more than likely you won't get THAT much additional horsepower.... I'm sorry to bring all this up but honestly, who are they trying to fool now with these? Its ridiculous.

And honestly, if the car companies could safely put a chip like this in their car and make it perform at 500hp, 100mpg, wouldn't they have already done this?! Yes, they would have... But no, this doesn't exist... Even the hybrids like the Toyota Prius or the Smart Car only get 30-40mpg.... And if this actually worked, all cars being made now would be getting 100mpg... but the reality is NO. These chips are simply Phoney, and it annoys me that there are people out there selling these scams.

Thanks for listening to me rant.

·
Registered
2016 Forester XT AT
1,295 Posts
Only $24! I will take 2 and double my MPG/HP! Thanks for the link!

There's a sucker born every day........

·
Premium Member
12 Premium 5-speed
4,486 Posts
Funny that they don't make any claims with actual numbers, only that your mileage and power will improve. But hey, it DOES come with a high-quality zip tie to hold it in place so, you know, that's a big plus.

Kinda funny how many of the + feedback responses are: "Great shipping! Awesome product! Haven't installed it yet!!" :huh:

·
Registered
2009 Premium X AT
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^^ Agreed... I purchased one once just to see what these people were selling. And what do ya know... it was a cheap 10 cent Resistor.

·
Registered
1998 Forester
593 Posts
I havve found however,that there is something you could add to the vehicle to significantly raise MPG. Instead of plugging it into the engine it usually gets installed right in the front passenger seat...it's called a nagging girlfriend.

1) It will remnd you to keep your speed under the limit (constantly..:huh:)

2) You also will save lots of gas as you wait for her in the mall parking lot

3) The only downside I have noticed is slightly higher blood pressure

4) A side benefit is that it makes the car smell nice too,

·
Registered
09 Forester 2.5X
704 Posts
And honestly, if the car companies could safely put a chip like this in their car and make it perform at 500hp, 100mpg, wouldn't they have already done this?!
They have it. You have to use a super secret code when you call the dealership. Then for a mere price of $6,000, you too can have your own Subaru labeled ECU, Chrome Exhaust, Sport Shifting, MAX, eXtreme horse power providing little piece of plastic bull****.
I havve found however,that there is something you could add to the vehicle to significantly raise MPG. Instead of plugging it into the engine it usually gets installed right in the front passenger seat...it's called a nagging girlfriend.

1) It will remnd you to keep your speed under the limit (constantly..:huh:)

2) You also will save lots of gas as you wait for her in the mall parking lot

3) The only downside I have noticed is slightly higher blood pressure

4) A side benefit is that it makes the car smell nice too,
Guess what...

YOU WIN IN 2010!!!!! :lol::lol:

·
Registered
2009 Premium X AT
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^^ hahahahahaha!!! ive noticed my bloodpressure raise.... but my car ends up smelling like strawberries... mmmmm. good stuff.

Cuddles... I would like to call my dealer now.. $6000 seems worth it... ::sarcasm::

·
Administrator
2016 & 2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,483 Posts
^^ Agreed... I purchased one once just to see what these people were selling. And what do ya know... it was a cheap 10 cent Resistor.
I've got a source in Thailand that sells resistors for a penny!

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts
thank god you made this thread, because it stopped the 15 others that were about to buy this chip or make threads about it in here, LOL!

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT Limited
1,870 Posts
I bought 8 of these.. In gonna connect them all and have 4,000 HP and 800 mpg!!! Yesss I'm so excited!!
I bought 10.... Can't wait to travel the globe on one tank in 20 minutes.

·
Administrator
2016 & 2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,483 Posts
I've got so much brand new gas pouring out of of my Forester after installing this and a few fuel line magnets that I'm going to open my own gas station. Bring your own can!

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 4EAT
428 Posts
lmaoo! love all the sarcasm here...yet i still find it sad that these things actually exist.. 0.0

·
Registered
2009 Premium X AT
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've got a source in Thailand that sells resistors for a penny!
Funny u mention that, cuz I'm from Thailand. I deffinitely could get some for most likely even less :biggrin:

thank god you made this thread, because it stopped the 15 others that were about to buy this chip or make threads about it in here, LOL!
hah, Agreed! I can't remember how many threads Ive seen on performance chips.

I bought 8 of these.. In gonna connect them all and have 4,000 HP and 800 mpg!!! Yesss I'm so excited!!
I would love to see that update in your member's journal :biggrin:

I bought 10.... Can't wait to travel the globe on one tank in 20 minutes.
In about half an hour, I'll be expecting a post from you in the "Member's Mishaps" section :chair: hahahaha

I've got so much brand new gas pouring out of of my Forester after installing this and a few fuel line magnets that I'm going to open my own gas station. Bring your own can!
COUNT ME IN!!!!! :Banane08:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts