Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Forester S 4EAT
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

So I got a hold of my trusted dealer looking for transmission solenoid/valve body components, and he couldn't really help me too much. According to his computer catalog, all of the components are labeled the same so he emailed me their diagram....

Anyways, I need to decipher the valve body and find out what component is what part number. I know 22630 is the temperature sensor, specifically, I am after the pressure sensor.

Would anyone be willing to help? :icon_biggrin:

·
Registered
323 Posts
You mean a line pressure duty solenoid? It's not a sensor and will look identical to the other solenoids. As far as I can find, there is no pressure sensor.

·
Registered
1998 Forester S 4EAT
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok? I have code 22 what would that be? I thought it was a transmission pressure sensor of some sort

·
Registered
323 Posts
I just got a crash coarse on Phase 1 phase 2 haha.

I found your other post. I severely doubt replacing the pressure sensor (if there is one) will correct the issue at hand.

You need a service manual and diagnose these codes one by one. Because of the multiple codes, as already suggested it sounds like a grounding issue.

A used valve body makes more sense to throw at it then trying to order parts from subaru based on a fault code found.

·
Registered
1998 Forester S 4EAT
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just got a crash coarse on Phase 1 phase 2 haha.

I found your other post. I severely doubt replacing the pressure sensor (if there is one) will correct the issue at hand.

You need a service manual and diagnose these codes one by one. Because of the multiple codes, as already suggested it sounds like a grounding issue.

A used valve body makes more sense to throw at it then trying to order parts from subaru based on a fault code found.
Nice! haha

Yeah, thats what I was thinking about doing too.

You aren't the first one to say its a grounding issue either, haha. I'll try adding a ground it when I have some time, college is kicking my *** right now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts