Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Forester
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. The other night at work I noticed a high-pitched electronic tone coming from my wife's '05 Forester. I thought it was from a nearby shed and disregarded it. This morning, my son came in and said Mom's car is making a noise. I narrowed it down to emanating from the passenger side of the grill in front of the car. It is a high-pitched (high E on my guitar tuner) tone and I'll be damned if I can figure out what it is. Any Ideas?? Thanks

·
Registered
2005 Forester
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK. Thanks.

Where is it and will it dry? Do I need to address it with my maint. tech? Do you know of any sites online that show component locations? Thanks.

·
Registered
2005 Forester
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks a Million!

Thanks. I KNEW someone must have experienced this. The pix are great and the explanation very helpful.

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,070 Posts
Happy to help :)

·
Registered
2006 Forester
662 Posts
I get the same tone. Sometimes it rings sometimes it doesn't. Yesterday it rang loud after driving in slush.

I'm going to keep track of the ring to see if it only happens when it's wet out. Then add the dielectric grease to the harness to see if it fixes it. This is interesting!

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,070 Posts
My wife things it my exhaust sound that makes it so the dogs know I'm coming home 10 min before I arrive, maybe it's this problem instead ;P

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT 5 speed
1 Posts

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,432 Posts
^^Thanks for that, I've updated the link in Peaty's original post too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts