Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
05 XT MT
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After installing my Perrin turbo inlet and the removal of the PVC valve I routed the PVC line to the head vent catch can already in place. As I read there needs to be a dual can setup but the Perrin inlet only has one intake nipple in which the head vents are already attached to. I did a T pre catch can and now I am concerned and looking at the AOS from Grimmspeed. I need to collect funds so what can I do until funds come in for the Grimmspeed? I have a Home Depot AOS for the head vents in place now so do I just need another? But, where do I attach the line to the inlet? Should I just block off the PVC as I read with the Crawford unit? I can run to Home Depot tomorrow and set something up until funds come in for the Grimmspeed AOS but I need direction for a fix until then.

TIA

·
Registered
05 XT MT
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I did some rerouting of the lines today to have the catch can for only the head vents and just ran the PVC line (no PVC now) into a T fitting that goes into the inlet but not the same fitting as the catch can for the head vents. I didnt have time to put in the second catch can for the PVC line but I just want safe running until the funds come in for the AOS.

Is this a safe setup until then?

Is it OK to T fit the manifold line that I did with the PVC line?

Should I just throw a generic PVC valve in the line until AOS?

Any opinions or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
05 XT MT
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No replies equals a needed conclusion. Two AOS with filters from Home Depot Husky brand. I have one between the to head vents and the intake and one between the PCV line and the intake. I have to clean it up a little with new lines and painting the bracket but I hope this is sufficent for catching.

I f you see anything glaring please let me know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts