Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally had time and installed the front sway bar from Perrin on my 09 FXT. The frame brace bolts were much easier to remove with a breaker bar as another member told me, he was right..
I also found I didn't really need to remove the plastic under cover, just removing the rear most bolt and pulling it down gives more than enough room. Also suggested by another member, I did this on ramps.
The Perrin end link kit was easy to install, about 1000 times easier to work with than the stock end links which totally suck. The stock method (5mm hex with a nut) is a PITA I think..poor design.
I went with the soft setting for now, as the rear is on the middle setting, I'm going to drive for a few days and then switch both to the stiffest setting and give that a few days. Once I'm settled on a setting, it's going in for an alignment.

Here's a link to a bunch of pics.
MobileMe Gallery

·
Registered
2017 X1 CVT
220 Posts
Nice job Rom. What size front and rear sways did you get if you dont mind me asking and how's the ride now?
I think I should have bought them when Perrin was having the 4th of July Sale.

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice job Rom. What size front and rear sways did you get if you dont mind me asking and how's the ride now?
I think I should have bought them when Perrin was having the 4th of July Sale.
I went with 19 rear and 22 front, it's a daily driver so I didn't want to go overboard. That said, I think I'll probably move both bar settings to the stiffest settings for a few days and see how that feels. Perrin seems to have a sale every major holiday. Car feels significantly more "seated" in the corners, the rear end 'sits down and carves it's way around a corner.

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts
i like the front bar on stiff, and the rear on the softest. but every1's driving style and likes and dislikes vary. gluck w/ the car!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts