Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Mr. April 2008, Image Master
2005 X
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just threw in a brand spankin new Perrin crank pulley. This wasn't my first one of these to install, but it definatly was the easiest! I did just like the instructions say and that big 'ol stock pulley came off easily.
When I did it on my RS I noticed an imediate difference. Going out and driving this eveing my butt dyno didn't seem to be giving me the horse power numbers I thought... None the less I'm stoked on having the lighter crank pulley in even if it's just for the "Bling" facor... :lol:

ScoobyMods install thread: http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163

·
Registered
1998 Forester "S" lifted. Bog-o-matic
2,006 Posts
I am still waiting for a pulley that has the OE removal tool holes in it (hint hint, Tom are you listening?). Otherwise I would have done one by now.

Let us know if/how much of a difference it makes.

·
11 sec club
04 Cayenne TT
1,486 Posts
I didn't notice much of anything either when I put mine on but I wouldn't really expect to notice that small of an increase, either.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Same here.. didn't notice much difference either. But it seemed like I was able to maintain higher speeds at slightly lower RPM.

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
I don't think this is possible. RPM is directly related to speed via gearing.

hunts said:
Same here.. didn't notice much difference either. But it seemed like I was able to maintain higher speeds at slightly lower RPM.

·
Registered
2004 XT AT
1,101 Posts
Rotational inertia of the pulley is way down in the noise compared with all the other work the engine has to do. Yes in theory it should make a tiny difference, but immeasurable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts