1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2005 LGT Limited wagon
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up on of these:

http://www.perrinperformance.com/products/forester/gauge_pod.htm

I was wondering if anybody else was using one of these and if you could give me any pointers or suggestions on install. Perrin failed to supply any instructions and their website has bupkus as well. It looks pretty straightforward, but I'm not sure how to remove the steering column cover.

BTW: It will house my existing Autometer boost gauge and the Pyrometer (EGT gauge) I just picked up.

Thanks in advance!!

·
Harbor Fright
2005 XT
362 Posts
I'm certain that Peaty has a boost guage install on Scoobymods that'll do ya...

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
If it's the same as my impreza there are 3 or 4 phillips screws on the bottom cover. You remove that and them the top should be able to come off. You'll have to work it a bit becuase the area is a little tight to remove it completely.

Putting it back on is a little tough to get the top and bottom lined up properly.

Lets see the pics ounce it's done, and let us know how much it obstructs the cluster. Are you using 52 or 60mm gauges?

Bland...

·
Registered
2005 LGT Limited wagon
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well, i went to install it today. i took it out of the box and held the gauges up to it. they include a strip of hard rubber to wrap around the gauges when you use a 2 1/16" size guage. the guages don't fit the hole properly and there is about a 5mm or so gap all the way around the guage trim piece. so, basically it looks like dog $hit. i'm sending it back to Perrin and will come up with something else.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts