Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Forester XT 4eat
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Perrin catted divorced wastegate downpipe that I picked up for the wife's '13 FXT. Then, I read up on it a bit more, and read a whole bunch of things saying it wouldn't fit on a WRX with 4eat. I noticed Perrin posted on nasioc that nobody had tried it, but they were pretty sure it wouldn't fit.

I guess I'm just wondering if anyone here has actually installed, or personally seen installed, a Perrin dp on their SH Forester XT.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
2013 Forester XT 4eat
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
See, that's all I had heard the whole time I was looking for a dp. Then after I picked up the Perrin, I found a thread on nasioc that said otherwise, and it was confirmed by the people at Perrin. I don't see why theirs would be any different, but I would hate to be mid install and find out it won't fit.

·
Registered
2011 turbotek tuned fxt 4eat paddle shift
3,539 Posts
They are talking about auto wrx which has not been made in years. So why would a 08+ dp fit a 02-07 wrx of course it wont but our 09+ xt has the same mounting as the 08+wrx/sti which only come in manual. There are at least one or two people here running that downpipe on there 09+ xt. But if your that set on not using it then why did you post?

·
Registered
2013 Forester XT 4eat
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I'm not set on not using it, never said I was. I don't know why you felt like you had to go all Bruce Willis in your answer.

I think the Perrin dp is an awesome design, that's why I bought it. I didn't want to believe that it wouldn't fit, because I DO want to use it, lol.

And, you're right, I did forget to mention what year WRX the dp is for. It's for 08+ WRX. But I guess I thought that would be implied, sorry.

No, the discussion I read was specific to 08+ vehicles. 2008 WRX was offered in automatic, so you are incorrect there.

The reason I asked is because the rep from Perrin who said it wouldn't fit based his answer off the fact that they are not aware of anyone who has tried it, and they would expect the same issue the 4eat WRX had with regard to fitment.

I had been told "every downpipe that fits 08+ WRX will fit 09+ Forester" so I was thinking there's no reason the Perrin dp would be any different.

My question was to get this answer:

"Yes, I personally have that exact downpipe on my (09+ FXT). It will fit."

I have already heard people say, "I know so and so has one on his" and blah blah blah second hand info. I was hoping to get a difinitive first hand account from someone with a Perrin downpipe on an SH Forester with the 4eat trans.

THAT'S why I asked.

·
Registered
2011 SH S-Edition 5EAT
202 Posts
See, that's all I had heard the whole time I was looking for a dp. Then after I picked up the Perrin, I found a thread on nasioc that said otherwise, and it was confirmed by the people at Perrin. I don't see why theirs would be any different, but I would hate to be mid install and find out it won't fit.
Perrin state that it won't fit the GR STi auto because it has the 5EAT (where available by market, e.g. Australia has STi with auto option), which is physically much bigger than the 4EAT, 5MT and even 6MT.

The Perrin DP for WRX/STi manual will fit your SH auto.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
2013 Forester XT 4eat
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Perrin state that it won't fit the GR STi auto because it has the 5EAT (where available by market, e.g. Australia has STi with auto option), which is physically much bigger than the 4EAT, 5MT and even 6MT.

The Perrin DP for WRX/STi manual will fit your SH auto.

Hope this helps
Yes, that does help. Thank you!

·
Registered
2011 turbotek tuned fxt 4eat paddle shift
3,539 Posts
Didn't mean to go all Bruce Willis on you there just wanted to put it in your mind that it will fit the sh 4eat. If it were me i would just buy a brand new cnt downpipe as it is the cheapest option and fits very well imo and is what i run. Also i am not so sure what would have made a perrin downpipe fit any different then cnt, cobb or invidia which i have personally fitted on Sh auto myself.

·
Registered
2013 Forester XT 4eat
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cool, thanks man. I think I'm gonna just try to install the Perrin, because I already have it, and then go from there. If it ends up not fitting, we'll all know for sure, and I'll put a definitive answer out there, lol. If it does fit, I'll make sure Perrin knows, so they can stop telling people it won't.

·
Registered
09 Forester XT STI 6 speed
374 Posts
I have the Megan two piece dp, which is identical to the Perrin one, and it fits with plenty of room to spare.

·
Registered
2013 Forester XT 4eat
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have the one piece Perrin dp, not the two piece. Perrin told me the two piece would fit.

·
Registered
2013 Forester XT 4eat
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I can now confirm with absolute certainty the Perrin downpipe for '09+ WRX/'08 STi will absolutely fit with no issues whatsoever on a SH '09+ Forester XT with the 4eat auto transmission. Put it on today, absolutely perfect fit. One of the easiest installs I've done to date.

The wife's FXT is a very happy stage 2 at the moment. ��

1 - 15 of 15 Posts