Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its a 2018 FXT, with 20,000 kms done. Post 2nd oil change (Full Synthetic 5w-30) & tire rotation, I'm experiencing sluggish performance, especially after reaching 80KMPH, i've to accelerate hard, the speed slowly climbs up to 100kmph. Also, i notice a lag in the power delivery and I get a feel of pressure leak. Has anyone come across this issue? Any help, really appreciate it?

·
Premium Member
2018 X3 M40i / 2016 X3 xDrive35i
1,632 Posts
There's nothing I can imagine directly related to a tire rotation or oil change that would cause any such symptoms unless a tech did something unusual with regards to doing some inspection tasks. My advise would be get it into Service.

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the response, I visited service and they changed the engine oil and air filter which solved the issue.

The previous oil change was done at Midas, they used Eurotech 5W-30 and I'm not sure what filter they used. As per Subaru service the filter is the issue, some of the aftermarket filter's has these issues.

·
Registered
Sahuarita, AZ 2018 Forester Limited
2,900 Posts
A example why you should only use OEM filters.

·
Registered
2017 Forester 2.5i CVT
202 Posts
The symptoms you describe sound more like a partially clogged air filter than an oil filter, though cheaper generic oil filters cannot flow the Subaru high volume oil pump without maybe going partly on bypass. I also buy the OEM oil filters, if a case of 12 at once, works out to about $3.35 per filter with Quirk Auto on e-bay, outrageous.

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek 2018 Forester XT
14,919 Posts
The symptoms you describe sound more like a partially clogged air filter than an oil filter, though cheaper generic oil filters cannot flow the Subaru high volume oil pump without maybe going partly on bypass. I also buy the OEM oil filters, if a case of 12 at once, works out to about $3.35 per filter with Quirk Auto on e-bay, outrageous.
Oil filter will never be an issue. The bypass setpoint is also not a problem. Fram Ultra Synthetic is the best oil filter, bar none. Filters at 20 Microns vs 30 to 40 for most brands.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts