Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 5MT
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to replace the pads on my 05' FXT with something more performance oriented. The car had new pads and rotors on it when I purchased it 15k miles/3 months ago. The brakes already feel like crap, mushy pedal and not very reassuring braking. I'm an aggressive driver, spending a lot of time commuting/mountain driving this car. The brakes see a lot of use.

I'm after a performance pad that will stop better, be more fade resistant but not be overly dusty or noisy. I prefer a pad that I do not have to heat up substantially before it will achieve good braking. The first 10 miles of my commute every morning is on a windy road that I like to blast down :)

I'm running Hawk HP Plus pads on my Miata. Though I like them a lot, they are too dusty and noisy for my daily driver and do not stop well when cold.

Suggestion?

·
Registered
1998 Forester Limited Five speed manual
95 Posts
I'm in love with the bendix ceramic pads, I do a fair bit of four wheeling and they stop me really well.

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,432 Posts
Always been a big fan of Carbotech Bobcats. Some people say they're noisy, which I don't get at all - I ran them for many years on my XT and they never made a peep. Also, never had a complaint with stopping power when cold.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts