Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.rallitek.com/products.asp?ID=541&PP=Y&HB=&ACC=&SP=
Going to pick a slightly used one up from the seller tonight. I got an amazing deal so i had to buy it:grin:
I'll have to wait over a week until its installed by RalliTEK and road tuned by Sean if needed because ill be in japan starting from this saturday.

Ill post picks, and everythign!!!!!!!(of the trip and the KB SS, PP6)

Kartboy RS short shifter is going on after i get back from japaan tooo.... about time!!!

·
BLUE WASABI, (#2 Info Provider)
2008 SG Model D
9,051 Posts
jbleee said:
http://www.rallitek.com/products.asp?ID=541&PP=Y&HB=&ACC=&SP=
Going to pick a slightly used one up from the seller tonight. I got an amazing deal so i had to buy it:grin:
I'll have to wait over a week until its installed by RalliTEK and road tuned by Sean if needed because ill be in japan starting from this saturday.

Ill post picks, and everythign!!!!!!!

Kartboy RS short shifter is going on after i get back from japaan tooo.... about time!!!
Have fun in Japan...be safe.;-)

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,456 Posts
Have fun in Japan and bring back lots of JDM Unobtainium to sell to us! :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will do^

Guess what !#^*[email protected]^%)^%@#p$y
My uncle called me today congratulating my acceptance to U of Oregon, hes sending me a check for rims now!!!

·
Registered
154 Posts
sweet I have been waiting for someone to test this out
Hope it goes on ok.
and if there a dyno close by :)

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, its in and ive driven quite a bit today with it.
Hmm, the gain isnt very noticible IMO
But i think there might be a wrong map on it. Im not sure what map Sean at RalliTEK put in it. Because i mite be using the existing map from the guy i bought it from or the default original map. Tomarrow i'll call rallitek
But the gain i notice is that the car moves and pulls better high end/speeds. 3rd seems to pull much better
Also , i hear less afterfire popping, which probably has to do with the fact the car isnt running as rich anymore

·
Registered
441 Posts
Keep us informed , I am thinking to getting one, now that I am modding finally my 03 Forester with some complete exhaust , Intake already installed, and perrin pulley.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I will indeed,
For some reason, i think it made my exhaust note change????
Anyone???

Even my parents commented that my car sounded different with the chip now

And yes, i'd like to get it dyno tuned now

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I can say im pretty happy with the perfect power 6, but would i be happy if i paid the full price which is around $430 i believe + $75 for labor...maybe not

2nd day of driving i can finally realize that the power delivery has been made much smoother. When i 1st went catless you could feel when the car started pulling harder, now its all one continuous feeling , kinda hard to explain. Def. feels great on the higher revs

Edit: need to add, startup is different, the engine kinda hesistates/hiccups or something

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
The hesitation at start up is normal.

I have yet to install mine but i'm already skeptical as it only really helps in open loop and I have to be pushing it pretty hard to be in open loop for any amount of time.

If you look at your maps you'll notice there probably aren't any changes to the closed loop portions of it.

·
Asphalt Surfers Unlimited
2004 Forester XT
742 Posts
The piggyback probably is not capable of making changes to the closed loop sections of the rev band/load tables. The factory ECU will "learn" around it, which is the nature of closed loop.

In open loop a static map is used, and the changes in MAF voltage being produced by the piggyback have a very real effect on fueling.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Most of the rallitek maps I've seen don't have any adjustment in closed loop however the map Sean sent me for my cams does.

Will our ECUs learn around it? I think so. I've been datalogging recently and trying different fuels to see what happens. I'm a little new to this but it seems that the ecu learns short term fuel adjustments fairly quickly after an ECU reset, within 10 minutes or less of driving.

Oh and we don't have a MAF, our cars are MAP sensor based. From what I can gather our cars use the MAP and the wideband front O2 (A/F)sensor.

PP6 interupts the MAP sensor and the MAF vs MAP ecu learning is different.

·
Asphalt Surfers Unlimited
2004 Forester XT
742 Posts
rsk135 said:
Most of the rallitek maps I've seen don't have any adjustment in closed loop however the map Sean sent me for my cams does.

Will our ECUs learn around it? I think so. I've been datalogging recently and trying different fuels to see what happens. I'm a little new to this but it seems that the ecu learns short term fuel adjustments fairly quickly after an ECU reset, within 10 minutes or less of driving.

Oh and we don't have a MAF, our cars are MAP sensor based. From what I can gather our cars use the MAP and the wideband front O2 (A/F)sensor.

PP6 interupts the MAP sensor and the MAF vs MAP ecu learning is different.
I'm sorry... I meant MAP. The principle is the same... voltage in, correction added, voltage out. The correction factor varies by rpm and throttle position.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am very uneducated when it all comes down to this tuning talk...
Please feel free to try to educate me, i have the usb cable to plug the PP6 into a laptop and tune it, however its all a different langauge to me and i wont explore that until i learn something.
Also curious about the capabilities and things i can do with this PP6

Also, i think rallitek was kinda pissed that i brought in this PP6 i bought off another person who originally bought it from rallitek.
I emailed sean some questions i had about what map etc is in my PP6 right now and if i should get a road tune or somethign
Its been like 2 days and he hasnt responded....
I honestly dont really care for rallitek anymore

and they left my cloth seats all black with grease after the install

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
I also picked up my PP6 second hand and decided to buy the rallitek exhaust over the obx one for two main reasons:

I was hoping for customer service and tuning help.

When I called they were fairly helpful but it took almost a month to get my order and there was one slight issue when I got it.

I think they are overly busy with the changes to the website and in the shop.

Anyway, I'd be happy to share some maps and help if I can. PM me.

·
Registered
2005 Legacy GT
3,679 Posts
Not all of the n/a foresters are MAP based. All of the 98's and most of the 99's are MAF based like mine. I remember reading some posts on rs25 about having a maf system and being able to tune easier and more effectivley than MAP based EJ25s. Can anyone confirm this? Porter?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts