Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2004 STI 6MT (2005)
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
And take one of these :biggrin:

I'm sure I'm not alone in noticing that lately there have been a number of different forum members who freak out because of something someone else said to one of their friends on here. I won't mention any names but we don't need other forum members being police 24/7 and analyze every post people make. There's moderators for that. I guess some of those who visit this site don't understand the humor / relationships between many of the members on this site and take things way too seriously.

Here's an example:
:Banane28: "Hey a tree fell in my front yard today."
:Banane29: "Oh man, did it land on your Forester?"
:Banane28: "Luckily, no!"
:Banane29: "Ah that sucks dude, I was hoping your car would've got totaled!"
In situations like this, there is usually background info left out, such as Devil Banana wanting an XT - so in this case, when Kight Banana said it's too bad that Devil Banana's car didn't get totaled, he was just hoping that Devil Banana couldn've finally upgraded to that XT he's always wanted!

Stuff like the above seems to be way more critiqued these days and I'm not sure what the reason is, but let's all just calm down... Hostility is uncommon on this website and any apparent negativity on here is usually just friendly banter.

Have a nice day! :biggrin:

·
Registered
Forester X
288 Posts
But forum pizzing contests are so fun! HAHAHA

I have not really noticed any of this here. Now my Sportsman's forum... holy crap it gets thick there. Internet tough guy syndrome to the max.

·
Registered
2004 STI 6MT (2005)
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha well you may not be looking hard enough! Honestly though, I don't need people telling me to stop being rude to other's on here - they would stand up for themselves if they're offended! o.o

Are you sure it's a bunch of grown men on that forum you speak of?? I've always thought of it as Insecure Middle-Schooler Syndrome!

·
Registered
04 Forester X, MT
1,039 Posts
at least people are still posting and didn't all migrate to fakebook et al :icon_razz: :biggrin:

·
Registered
04 Forester X, MT
1,039 Posts
i hear they'll be voting on "legally" flying high in CA before too long ... but the Feds will not allow it :icon_razz:

·
Registered
2004 STI 6MT (2005)
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i hear they'll be voting on "legally" flying high in CA before too long ... but the Feds will not allow it :icon_razz:
Not gonna happen. And even if it does somehow become legal, all the stoner kids won't be allowed to smoke it anyways because it'll have limits (18 = smoking age anyone?) :evilatyou:

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
1,525 Posts
I really haven't noticed much of that. What has me going right now is the amount of new posts. I was just here 3 hours ago and I'm back and there are 6 pages of new threads. Lately I have been just breezin' through, not looking at many threads...maybe that's why I don't see what you are talking about. I think with the popularity of the SH, the size of the forum, and many new people are here, myself included, well 1.4 years now, I don't look at all the threads. Automobiles have always been my passion and I do enjoy the camaraderie but there is a point. There are too many "I need help", "what about this", “won’t start…help”, etc kind of threads without any indication of the vehicle they pertain to. When I start a thread I really try to be as specific as possible in the title. I have said in the past that I think the forum should be broken into Models....SF, SG, SH, and then the sub categories, that way it will alleviate some of the issues, not all, but some.
Oh well......these are just my thoughts as this seems to be becoming a job to keep up. I don't know how much more I can tag along although I do like to help if I can, but alas that may have to end. Sorry for the rant!

Hey where's that pill.........I think I need it NOW. Oh yeah, it’s the OP. :huh:

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,824 Posts
I really haven't noticed much of that. What has me going right now is the amount of new posts. I was just here 3 hours ago and I'm back and there are 6 pages of new threads. Lately I have been just breezin' through, not looking at many threads...maybe that's why I don't see what you are talking about. I think with the popularity of the SH, the size of the forum, and many new people are here, myself included, well 1.4 years now, I don't look at all the threads. Automobiles have always been my passion and I do enjoy the camaraderie but there is a point. There are too many "I need help", "what about this", “won’t start…help”, etc kind of threads without any indication of the vehicle they pertain to. When I start a thread I really try to be as specific as possible in the title. I have said in the past that I think the forum should be broken into Models....SF, SG, SH, and then the sub categories, that way it will alleviate some of the issues, not all, but some.
Oh well......these are just my thoughts as this seems to be becoming a job to keep up. I don't know how much more I can tag along although I do like to help if I can, but alas that may have to end. Sorry for the rant!

Hey where's that pill.........I think I need it NOW. Oh yeah, it’s the OP. :huh:
Personally if filling out the Signature to include year/model/transmission was mandatory for everyone that would be the real help in all responses. There are many members with experiences that are applicable to different models, that a poster may never get a response if it's in a sub-forum, plus we'd miss out on all the comraderie we get with sharing information in the rest of the Forum(s). There is a lot of members who are not aware of clicking on the user name will provide them with that model information if the member has filled that section out. Just chillin' out on the computer.

·
TANSTAAFL
2010 2.5X Premium AFF 4EAT
472 Posts
The majority of the members here come across as genuinely friendly and helpful, and this site seems very well modded IMO. Anyone would have to have a case of seriously thin skin if they somehow managed to get the red a$$ over the posts in these forums.

·
Registered
2009 Forester X 4 A/T
305 Posts
I agree on the "chill pill".

When I first joined the forum, I made a post referencing distiled water vs. dehumidifier collected water for auto use. Someone decided I was a complete idiot because technically both are distilled and I had said the collected water wasn't (because it isn't pure once it sets and package distilled water is steam distilled). Got told I flunked basic HS science etc.:chair:

jeeze- all the other posters and myself were trying to do was keep another forum member from gunking up his cooling system or battery in an attempt to save $1.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts