Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester - Touring CVT
137 Posts
Yeah, I saw that video, which is fascinating. It helped me to appreciate that these systems are valuable, but they're not foolproof. It looks like the automakers are still going through a learning curve and working on improving these systems. Today, some are clearly better than others, but everyone still has room to improve.

Below is a link is another page of testing, this is for adaptive cruise control and automated emergency braking for car-like models. Subaru again does very well, but you do see that all the systems clearly have limits. Subaru mentions in their 2019 Eyesight literature that the automated emergency braking may not perform well when there is a large difference in vehicle speeds - like when you're driving 65mph and coming up on a vehicle that's stopped and/or disabled in the roadway. I love these systems, but still view them as backups for, not replacements for attentive driving.

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a24511826/safety-features-automatic-braking-system-tested-explained/

1 - 2 of 2 Posts