Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Forester
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did the swap over to rear discs on my SF5, and after bleeding the brakes at least 15-20 times at each wheel I get NO bubbles at all not even tiny ones. Even after this the pedal goes to the floor with the car off or on..... What could be going on, is my master cylinder dead?

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester 4EAT
5,462 Posts
Seems that it's the same m/c for either 4 disc or disc/drum, so I say air is still trapped. Bleeding out all the air through abs stuff can take a while. Are you power bleeding, vacuum bleeding, or just pump and dump? Possible that fluid is passing by in the m/c. Just a shot in the dark, but are the calipers on the correct sides? Bleeders should be toward top.:)

·
Registered
1999 Forester
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seems that it's the same m/c for either 4 disc or disc/drum, so I say air is still trapped. Bleeding out all the air through abs stuff can take a while. Are you power bleeding, vacuum bleeding, or just pump and dump? Possible that fluid is passing by in the m/c. Just a shot in the dark, but are the calipers on the correct sides? Bleeders should be toward top.:)
Pump and dump. What do you mean bleeders towards the top?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts