Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT 5-MT
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I had my forester hooked up to a scan tool looking over the engine monitors and noticed that the PCV solenoid was OFF. Took it for a quick test drive and the solenoid only activated twice on a 10 minute drive. Each activation was for roughly ten seconds. I was unable to find the enabling criteria for the PCV solenoid on ProDemand, and have had no luck in my research on this topic. Any ideas? Is the PCV supposed to be always on?

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
48 Posts
@ssterns20 Do you have a FSM?

Double check for your year/make/model.

As far as I know, most Ej25s up to 2008 used a passive PCV located on the passenger side of the engine, behind the intake manifold, underneath the charge pipe leading from the turbo to the intercooler. It is not a solenoid. In fact, there are also false sensor leads utilized in the wrx/sti/xt families.

You need to remember, if left on default, modern scanners will look for a couple hundred different sensors and modules regardless of whether or not the ECU uses them. Check to see if your scanner actually has an SST mode that will utilize Subarus propietary OBDii extensions and then you will get a more accurate scan.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts