Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 5MT
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A month after finaly buying a FXT and reading a lot of your journals I decided to start my own journal! It'll help me keep track of my mods and also maybe I will get some comments on my ride from you guys.

The Beggining
At the age of 17, ma father bought me my first car. It was a 99 Forester S Limited 4eat. It had 186km wich is about 116miles on it. At the first drive, I fell in love with it and it was my car for 4 years. I really like cars and modding but I didn't want to invest in that one. I really loved it but it was a little rusty and I really wanted a manual! So I finally gathered some cash and decided to upgrade for a better car!

A New Beggining
Everybody know that after owning a Subaru, you can't have anything besides Subaru! So I started to look for a 04 FXT and after 3 months of searching and some problems with :censored: stupid banks... I lost a great deal on a 04 FXT. Then I turned to my second choice wich was a 05 Premium FXT. I drove 3 hours to see it and I immediatly took out the cash in my pocket and bought it even without test driving it :icon_eek:

Cons:
-230km (144miles) on it
-The paint is chipped due to rocks spread on roads in the winter
-Little rust on the renders

Pros:
-Dark Blue paint, never saw one like it before
-Very and I mean VERY clean interior
-The old lady who had it before brought it to the dealer every month for a full service and took good care of it
-Complete history form dealer (23 pages long!)

I drove it back home and it felt amazing! Even thought I miss my old Foz, I know I will love my new one for sure!

Pictures
Sorry for the poor quality, I took those pics with my phone

How she sits currently

The day I brought the new baby back home

Moon roof! F**K YEAH!

My first manual :biggrin:

The leather seats are killing me! When I drive for more than 20 minutes in the summer, my back is like a waterfall! Before the next summer I'm dropping some STI seats in this baby

A little of make up for the lady!

Project
My goal is to transform this Foz into a 300HP mind blowing and fun daily driver I can take to the track once in a while

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 5MT
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Put on my new wheels with some crappy used tires I bought to finish off this summer as I planned on buying new tires next summer!

It was my first time driving with customs wheels and low profiles and theres no other ways to put this... I jizzed in my pants! Even thought were some crappy tire, it made a huge difference.

I said "were some crappy tires" because after only 3 days of normal driving one of the tires exploded... Luckily the wheel wasn't damaged at all. So I put back my OEM wheels while I gather some money for tires. I'll buy NEW tires this time!

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 5MT
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Installed the radio from my old Forester. It was easier then installing it in my old one!

Then I copied Fircrest with his DIY mud flaps! Picked up some Ikea chopping boards and cut, test fitted et installed them in an hour! Really easy guys so don't be scared to try it!

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 5MT
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finishing my internship in two and a half weeks and 3 days later I got to go back to school :icon_cry: haven't done half the things I planned for the summer... Sadly I gotta keep my priorities in check so I have to save up to pay for university. So i'm putting the Foz project on hold at least until I sell the old Forester. Then maybe I'll pick up some STI struts/springs or a rear sway bar, end links and a catback. That is of course if I don't lose my liscense because of tickets :icon_cry: :shake:

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 5MT
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
CEL came one after a hard pull. Seems like I have a fuel system leak in the Fozz haha! Tightened the gaz cap, erased the code and it didn't came back on after 200miles, I got lucky this time! I'll go to the dealer and buy a new gaz cap because the one I have is really dusty and I dont want any of it falling in the piping and in the gaz tank.

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 5MT
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Your Foz would be safe with me if that ever happens. :icon_wink:
Haha luckily I postponed my hearing so I won't lose any points and that way I can keep driving my Foz :woohoo: Getting back some points in a month so all will be OK!

I'll be borrowing my sister's camera to do my first photoshot this weekend. Hope it doesn't rain.

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 5MT
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Winter is coming really fast. Started prepping the car for winter so here's a shot of my foz before the winter setup. Already started to shop for suspension mods and hopefully get it lowered as soon as the snow melts!

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 5MT
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got some goodies!!

Snow is melting, sun is shinning and the moding season will soon be upon us!!! So I started gathering part and so far I have :

04 STI Steering rack

04 STI Lower control arms

And some seats!!

Shopping for some STI takeoffs right now so parts should be going in in a couple of weeks!
:banana:

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 5MT
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Long time since the last update! where do I start...

Some time ago i got a CEL and the code was P0021. So I checked the AVSC selenoids but they were clean. The car went into safe mode so I lost power and boost. I took to a rally shop near the city. The tuner took a look at it and immediatly saw the problem but but didn't know what caused it. He then reflashed the ECU, took it for a spin and told me everything is working just fine and the foz is boosting up to 14.7 psi. So the probleme was caused either by a batch of bad fuel or by my soon to be dead turbo. I need to take off the intercool to see if there's oïl in it and start looking for a used TD04.

Also, something fell of the windshield while I was of the freeway and almost gave me a heart attack. Now it's all cracked and needs to be replaced.

Meanwhile, I got the STI seats in and bought some goodies!! Very clean 04 JDM STI V8 takeoffs with 31k on them. I'm waiting for the H&R camber bolts and whiteline forged aluminum sway bar mounts to arrive and I'll be ready to install the first of mods! I'm thinking of doing a pictorial for the steering rack and LCA install since I haven't found one!

Mod list :
-04 JDM STi struts/springs with H&R camber bolts
-04 STi Lower Control Amrs
-04 STi steering rack with some Super Pro Steering Rack Bushings
-Perrin Shifter Bushings

The foz is reaching 160k miles so I'm planning for a full maintenance service. I got a Gates Timing Belt kit with the water pump and all the gaskets and if I'll be taking off the crank pulley why not upgraded it? So I got a Perrin Lightweight Red Crank Pulley!! I will also change the spark plugs and do a compression test.

Lastly, I need to do some work on the rust... They use a lots of salt in the winter here so it's eating up the paint and metal more then I'd like. I think I will plastidip the whole car to cover it all up insted of trying to match the rattlecan paint to the original paint. Plus, it will protect a little bit more from the roadsalt... I really dig those white Forester so I'll be going for a white dip job! Hehe

1 - 16 of 16 Posts