Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2006 STI
6,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if we have any Fast & the Furious fans on here; I suspect so.

Desperately sad news this morning to wake up to. Paul Walker died in a car crash last night.

Such a young age to die.

RIP.

·
Emeritus Forum Staff
2015 Triumph Tiger XCx 1 Down. 5 Up.
5,242 Posts
Yeah, just saw that. Very sad.

·
Registered
2004 FSTi Manual
454 Posts
Looking at the crash pics, the Carrera GT was too much for the driver. That car has a reputation of being very loose.

They must have been hauling *** as the car was in two pieces. Really tragic.

·
Registered
00 I've had allsorts both
1,376 Posts
Absolute Carnage!....Ok the car was an inferno but the wreckage implies High impact!

Shame his friend lost control and very ironic based on Mr Walkers recent acting roles!

R.I.P

ps,The Porsche would be on the top of my list if i won the lottery :icon_confused:

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I'm 49 and feel/think so much younger...and i used to drive like a teenager :eek:
Probably very similar to Paul Walkers buddy !!...controversial but likely to be true behind the wheel of a high perfornance car !!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2015 XC diesel CVT
4,053 Posts
Sad, but no more sad than the loss of any of the others that have died on US roads in the past day...

·
Registered
2006 STI
6,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't know, I reckon the death of someone that set up a charity and funded and promoted it is a bigger loss than someone killed fleeing a robbery they have just committed, for example.

·
Registered
2015 Fiat van Man stick
4,808 Posts
Never nice when anyone revs up and heads to the clouds but at it happened doing what they love. Much better that way than a motorway crash caused by a numb git who can't drive in a straight line. RIP.

Ps, what's fast and furious? The car?

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Ps, what's fast and furious? The car?
I can see by your avatar that all those years living in a cave in the Welsh mountains has left you a bit cut-off from the rest of the civilised world :icon_wink:

·
Registered
2015 Fiat van Man stick
4,808 Posts
Yes you are right. I am cut off....

Not much of a film watcher is my trouble.

I may sit down and watch a "fast and furious" now as a tribute viewing - in fact we should all do the same at the same time and get it recorded as the largest mass viewing in the world as a tribute?

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,566 Posts
It is a shame, he seemed a genuinely nice guy, as a 47yo I have to agree he was young as I am still young and do not ever intend to grow old either gracefully or disgracefully.

Perspective though, around 35,000 die on US roads a year, that's 96 a day, and that is only one 17th of the worldwide number. Road deaths come as a shock to us as we have some of the safest in the world. I witnessed a triple fatality crash in India and it barely created raised eyebrows despite being totally horrifying to me, in fact the two trucks were left with the with bodies inside and carriageway open until the cranes arrived to remove them.

·
Registered
98 sf - gls manual
1,119 Posts
really sad news.
reading some of the comments makes me want to say this.
yes he was one man when thousands die.[2 in the car i know]
but they was someones dad
son
loved one.
should there grief be lessend because x amount of others died on the same day??
no i dont think so.
if the people who say so...... if you have kids, did you say when they were born.. oh just another baby.. thort not
grief [and happiness] are personal.
i remember bieng gutted the day kurt cobain died [and still do]
the day my mom died i honestly didnt give a flying f***k who else died.

and if you are bellow 80 in my eyes, its to young.
rant over.

rip paul and roger.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts