Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Touring Auto
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We are hoping to quickly become Forester owners. We are interested in leather and the 09-13 style. We are thinking of purchasing less expensive cloth and upgrading to leather. Due to availability and also due to wanting to raise passenger seat.

I called a car upholstery shop and the person on the phone sounded confident that in the process of replacing the cloth, they should be able to add some height to the seat base. I assume they will deal with heated seat elements also.

Anyone know if the solution is really that simple? I am guessing it may be more difficult with leather already in as the raised height may effect the fit of the existing leather. However if I am putting in new leather is it easily raised? Input much appreciated.

edit- sorry- he specifically was talking about adding foam to top of seat base. not modifying bottom of seat base. see post #3.

·
Registered
2006 XT Limited 4EAT
4,793 Posts
Raising the seat should not be involved with the leather/cloth seat covering at all in my eyes. The upholster is probably thinking of adding a spacer between the seat rail mounts and the floor, or between the seat rails and seat base.

·
Registered
2010 Touring Auto
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Keep in mind this was on the phone only. However, the person did suggest a spacer and I told them (because I read on this forum) that it does not seem to be a solution for this vehicle. They casually said they are sure they can figure something out with adding height to the foam and the heated seat would not get in the way.

It sounds logical to me. I am doubting it because I'm wondering why it does not already appear as a solution on this forum. Why would they not be able to simply glue some foam or add material to the top of the base to add height?

Raising the seat should not be involved with the leather/cloth seat covering at all in my eyes. The upholster is probably thinking of adding a spacer between the seat rail mounts and the floor, or between the seat rails and seat base.

·
Premium Member
2015 Highlander AWD XLE 6AT
4,255 Posts
...wanting to raise passenger seat.
Make sure you can still access the seatbelt latch.

Best of luck!
Jim / crewzer

1 - 4 of 4 Posts