Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Passenger Seat Belt Chime with dog on seat - how to stop?

('19+) 
11K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  KLEMMER 
#1 ·
How do i get the passenger seat belt chime to stop dinging with my dog in the seat?

2019 Subaru Forester Sport

#4 · (Edited)
How do i get the passenger seat belt chime to stop dinging with my dog in the seat?
Guess you could just buckle the seat belt behind the dog, but have you considered that in an accident, or a maximum braking situation as with Eyesight, it will likely be propelled through the glass? A rear seat would be safer, especially with a safety harness.

#5 ·
Personally I will purchase something like this when my family gets our dog. (my parents have them for their small dog)

They make a few different varieties. These could help keep your pooch safe and solve your seat belt problem, for not much money. Could also help keep your dog in their seat which I know can sometime be a problem hahaha.

#6 ·
Not sure on the new "19 but almost all other models you can turn off the seatbelt chime by:

All while sitting in the driver's seat. Turn the key to on but do not start. Insert and remove the seatbelt 20 times within 30 seconds. Then start. Now you have disabled the chime and warning light. All other functions still work. Such as the airbag sensors and all related functions.

Some times it takes more than 1 try but it works. This procedure will hold until you have to disconnect the battery or the dealer hooks her up to a scanner for software updates or trouble shooting. If so rinse and repeat.

https://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f77/disable-seatbelt-chime-10909/

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.