Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Foz passed its mot:) however i need new discs at the front, and pads all round. Can anyone recommend a set of discs? i don't mind changing all 4 to be honest.

·
Emeritus Forum Staff
2015 Triumph Tiger XCx 1 Down. 5 Up.
5,242 Posts
Depends what you want, if you're running high BHP, do a few track days and / or drive pretty hard then you won't go far wrong with NDS' suggestion.

EBC trubo grooved discs are good but they are £200+ per pair. They do look good though! Also, whilst grooved discs will help prevent your pads from glazing under heavy use but, they will also wear your pads out faster.

YellowStuff pads are also very good but you need to get a little bit of heat in to them to get the best from them.

If you just want a decent fast road set up, then a pair of good quality plain discs such as Brembos (eBay £100ish) or EBC (again, approx £100) and some EBC Redstuff pads (c. £50) should work pretty well... I've just ordered Brembo discs + Redstuff pads for my XT running c. 220 - 230bhp.

English_Ben may still have set of plain EBC discs and Redstuff pads for sale, though I think he would secretly prefer to fit them to his car than sell them ;o)

NDS, are you on commision with James? ;o) Thanks for the lead re WRX shocks BTW, should be sorting out a set later today.

·
Premium Member
98 JDM Stb Manual
3,787 Posts
Give Alyn a ring or PM him, he is stockcar on hear

Apparently pads have seen a bit of an increase I usually go for Pagid 421 but they were £140, currently on performance friction £100 delivered, and no issues, mention me or web site and get a little discount

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,566 Posts
EBC red stuff here, do need a firm shove though and an m/c stopper to stop it feeling spongey, working on reasonable quality pattern discs from Car Parts and Car Accessories - Buy Parts By front total cost was about £115, rears I'm on yellow stuff on original discs.

Simon

·
Mad Englishman.
MY06 Forester STi 6MT
4,157 Posts
NDS, are you on commision with James? ;o) Thanks for the lead re WRX shocks BTW, should be sorting out a set later today.
Haha funnily enough he said the same thing the other day ! Nah just think he offers a top service on a very personal & bespoke level, which I think is an often overlooked factor when tempted to "internet shop".

ps. I've never heard anyone complain about breakes that are "too good" :rock:

·
Registered
97 JDM S/tb Manual
1,570 Posts
I've got the EBC turbo discs and they are now almost past it after 40,000 miles.

I had the Red Stuff pads which were shockingly bad. No pedal feel and didn't last that long (great once you have some heat in them though). Have OEM pads on at the moment which are much better.

·
Premium Member
98 JDM Stb Manual
3,787 Posts
I think Ian at Godspeed was doing a very good deal on pads and discs. Worth a ring

·
Emeritus Forum Staff
2015 Triumph Tiger XCx 1 Down. 5 Up.
5,242 Posts
Update on the Brembos I ordered yesterday... arrived today direct from Brembo UK. eBay shop was autoperformanceonline

1 - 11 of 11 Posts