Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Forester X AT
4,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will be taking my 02 forester on a 4000 mile trip this spring through some pretty remote areas of the US. The last time I did this with my honda and threw a few a few spare parts in the trunk that would leave me stranded like a coil and ignitor.

Are there any parts you guys would recommend having on a trip like this for the subaru?

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek 2018 XT
14,501 Posts
Will be taking my 02 forester on a 4000 mile trip this spring through some pretty remote areas of the US. The last time I did this with my honda and threw a few a few spare parts in the trunk that would leave me stranded like a coil and ignitor.

Are there any parts you guys would recommend having on a trip like this for the subaru?
Make sure all of your hoses (including heater hoses) and the belts are replaced say one month before going on the trip (To make sure there are no leaks. Make sure you use OEM clamps and not the screw clamps. If you have to use the screw ones...double clamp them and don't overtighten or you are looking for leaks down the road, believe me.

Then make sure you have a full size spare. That will take care of 90% of your problems right there. Make sure you replace the oil and filter and check the filter for leaks. Insure no other coolant leaks.

That's all I can worry about on a trip. Anything else and I'm willing to take my chances with.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts