Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
that looks absolutely stunning!...well done

I have a crystal grey xt as well but not quite have the $ or time to do something just yet, out of curiosity how much did it cost?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
it cost around $2500 for the kit plus another $600 for painting which also included the roof rails and door handles as we get crappy black ones in Aus.

above prices are in AU dollars.

As most of the work is in the front of the kit i would say roughly 1000-1100 for the front end plus shipping. no idea what that would be sorry

P

·
0 Posts
thats aboout 833.15(from 1100 for the front) usd for any one else wanting to know

·
Registered
398 Posts
sirwilliam said:
Will the new kit have the correct lens surrounds to make a better fit on the front and does the front kit come w/ the grill?
it kinda has to... since the stock XT one won't fit...

·
Registered
398 Posts
sirwilliam said:
But I need to hear it from OXYMORON. I always try to cross my I's and dot my T's w/ everything.;)
I understand the cautious thing, but if they don't include the grill, it's a company i don't want to do business with...

it's like buying a rotated mount turbo kit and not getting new exhaust pieces... :lol:

·
BLUE WASABI, (#2 Info Provider)
2008 SG Model D
9,051 Posts
DanzBorin said:
I understand the cautious thing, but if they don't include the grill, it's a company i don't want to do business with...

it's like buying a rotated mount turbo kit and not getting new exhaust pieces... :lol:
I am just making sure all the info is out there...you know what they say about "donkey-u-me".;)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
yes it will come with grille and correct headlight surrounds so it all fits nicely and looks sexy as. cannot confirm that price as i am not the one doing the business side of the deal. just putting the feelers out to see what kind of interest can be generated.

remember that to fit the front bar u need to cut the foam behind the stock bumper as it is shorter

also available will be the scoop, wing (will not include led brake lights as the cost is huge and u can see the stock one under the wing), side skirts (2 pieces each side) and rear bar.

the whole kit makes the car look much "fatter" on the road especially when u have it lowered 4 inches :)

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
that's not abad price compared to a factory bumper setup. Although i would probably go OEM unless the aftermarket one was urethane.

i can get the factory STi bumper, grille, bumper reinforcement, the correct rear foam, and the headlight surrounds for ~ $1200 USD- not including the bend-you-over shipping of course...

lates,

_D

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
how much for the headlight surrounds shipped to Aus. just in case i cant get them from my supplier down here in time???

·
Mr. November 2008
2015 BMW 335d xDrive GT Auto
969 Posts
Looks good.

To complete the transformation you could consider changing the lower door trim panels too, the STi ones are flat instead of the ribbed XT ones.

Probably not worth the extra cost though...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
hey yeah, i never noticed that. sure do wish they would just sell the real thing down here.

have noticed on a lot of pics of real STi's that they have an add on to the bottom of the front of the side skirts as well as the bumper. is that an optional thing?

·
Mr. November 2008
2015 BMW 335d xDrive GT Auto
969 Posts
oxymoron said:
have noticed on a lot of pics of real STi's that they have an add on to the bottom of the front of the side skirts as well as the bumper. is that an optional thing?
I think it is popular as an option in Japan, not sure exactly what they are called but usually front and back trailing the wheels.

Like this one (a used 06 STi brought in to the UK by Litchfield Imports, currently for sale)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Ok this is now going ahead and the kit will start to be copied on the 25th. there is a special price for a group buy at the moment which is $1400AU as apposed to the normal $1780AU
This includes: front bar, grille, headlight surrounds, full side skirts (4 pieces) and rear bar. The scoop and wing will be sold seperately.

at the moment it is an EOI until the 23rd. payments can be made by paypal so there is no excuses people. the more u guys get at once the cheaper the freight will be.

had a look at the quality of work the moulder does the other day and i was very impressed. he uses the latest technoligy in 'glassing and u r able to bend the bars almost as much as the stock item with cracking or anything!

The EOI is hapening here... http://forum.gtrydaz.com/showthread.php?t=6986
u will need to be a member but it dosent take long to join up. otherwise post ur EOI here and i will register it over there for u.

Disclaimer: I stand to make no gain from the sales of this kit. i'm just the guy who is providing the kit to be copied as i got it at a great price.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
here is the first post from the EOI thread at GTRydaz.com

The Low Down: Well no doubt you have seen the pics of OXYMORON's ride, featuring the SG9 STi Kit.

Well now is your chance to receive the same reactions as he does when he rolls into an event.

The removal and installation of this kit is magic! This is a factory styled kit and thus we have kept it to a factory style fit. A comprehensive DIY will be made available online for all to enjoy.

What you get in this Group Buy:

Replacement Front Bar
Replacement Rear Bar
Replacement Side Skirts (1xLeft, 1xRight)
Replacement Front Spats (1xLeft, 1xRight - These are the small door panels between the wheel arch and the door)
Replacement Grill - Includes mesh (Sorry u will have to source your own STi Bade)

Price: All of the above is available for a Group Buy price of $1400. RRP will be $1780 once GB is over.

Conditions: EOI will be closing on Thursday 23/02/06 and this is because we want the kit available and sent out to you by Coffs Harbour. If we can get 3-4 people committed to this then I am sure we can make it happen before Coffs Harbour Rally (Remember there will be magazine coverage!) Freight will be via greyhounds bus freight to their closest depot which is the cheapest and safest method.

After the 23rd the EOI will convert to a GB and it will be a matter of those first to pay will receive their kit first. Credit Card will be a payment option.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts