Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got hold of this kit from an importer. was white so i had it colour coded to Crystal grey. only thing is i didnt realise (wasnt told) that the original headlight surrounds are different as well as the little piece above the front of the side skirts. fitted it all myself without too much trouble at all, yet to fit the scoop and wing but here is a few pics, let me know what u think...

Attachments

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,052 Posts
Can't get in there unless you reg on the site.

·
Captain Obvious
2005 Forester XT 4EAT
379 Posts
Beautiful!!!! What are those wheels? I really like them!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks mate they r 18" BSA 291's in shadow chrome. i'm in oz so dont know how u would go about getting them

·
Premium Member
2012 GTI DSG 6-speed
1,463 Posts
I think it makes the Forester more aggressive looking. Is the front bumper three pieces (2 fog/vent covers and the lower lip?)

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
That looks great! How much did it cost you for everything so far minus painting? Can you get the two headlight pieces?

·
Fear the Gorilla!
181 Posts
Yes more details on the kit, who makes it and where we could get it.

P

·
0 Posts
^thats a forester sti kit

what kind of bumper beam do you guys use in oz, and did you use the stock one?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it is a genuine Forester Sti kit that came off a white Sti in japan and was imported to Perth in Australia. i went halves with a guy who runs a business called forester bitz which he is just starting up. he is having it copied and will be selling it for around $2000 AU.

All up its an 11 piece kit (13 if u include to two fog light covers) as i said before im still waiting for 4 of the bits to arrive and for the scoop and wing to go on the car.

to fit the front bar to the stock setup, the foam strip (bumper beam?) had to be cut back as the stock bumper sticks out a lot further. apart from that everything else lines up nicely and is easily a DIY job to put together.

you cannot use the fog lights as they foul on the covers and removing the covers looks ugly as imo.

kit was due to be copied now but will have to wait till all pieces arrive.

very happy with the look of it etc... people stare at my car like never before. especialy when they notice the STi badge on the front. if only it was a real STi

the kit will also be sold in seperate pieces so if u just want to change the front end to suit a FMIC or something it is posible. only thing is u will need the front bumper, grille and headlight surrounds in order for it to work as the stock grille is the wrong shape to fit.

just wish it was all finished

·
Registered
Frank & the FXT
172 Posts
oxymoron said:
it is a genuine Forester Sti kit

only thing is u will need the front bumper, grille and headlight surrounds in order for it to work as the stock grille is the wrong shape to fit.
So the stock grill won't work w/the STi bumper?

I know someone in Tokyo and might be able to get some parts here to the states :)

·
Registered
398 Posts
Scoobyslack said:
So the stock grill won't work w/the STi bumper?

I know someone in Tokyo and might be able to get some parts here to the states :)
Nope... STi bumper is taller, so the US grill wouldn't fit...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
the new kit will be a fibreglass but it is still quite flexible compared to the old fibreglass kits. everything will be done so that it all fits together nicely. will be primed and ready to paint i believe.

thanks for the comments every1 i'm very happy with how it looks. i get my wife to drive it while i drive her car so i can perve on it

P

·
0 Posts
how much do you think it'll be to get just the front end to north america?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts