Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Forester 2.5i Prem 6-Speed
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Subaru community members. I recently heard a strange noise from the engine bay when I pulled into my driveway. Opened the hood, and the belt cover is completely detached and just laying in the engine bay. I have included a picture of myself holding the belt cover. I circled a missing bolt I have identified on Subaru’s parts website in blue. The part I need help identifying is in red, and the yellow arrow indicate where it snapped off. I have no idea what caused this, and I cannot find anything that could have caused this under the hood. I have searched the belt cover assembly , but the assembly stops before this part. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

TLDR
Belt cover attachment piece broke off, can’t figure out the part number

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Subaru community members. I recently heard a strange noise from the engine bay when I pulled into my driveway. Opened the hood, and the belt cover is completely detached and just laying in the engine bay. I have included a picture of myself holding the belt cover. I circled a missing bolt I have identified on Subaru’s parts website in blue. The part I need help identifying is in red, and the yellow arrow indicate where it snapped off. I have no idea what caused this, and I cannot find anything that could have caused this under the hood. I have searched the belt cover assembly , but the assembly stops before this part. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

TLDR
Belt cover attachment piece broke off, can’t figure out the part number View attachment 522141
How about a year for your Suby in a signature,,,access you control panel and list some relevant info.
Good point sorry, it’s a 2015 2.5i premium 6spd

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Rereading you post, I think you already found this ...
Correct, I found the bolt. It’s really the bracket which goes on top of what I think is the ac compressor. That’s the part that snapped off and isn’t in the parts diagram above. It connects to the belt support piece, which is 14032

·
Registered
2019 Sport CVT
823 Posts
Correct, I found the bolt. It’s really the bracket which goes on top of what I think is the ac compressor. That’s the part that snapped off and isn’t in the parts diagram above. It connects to the belt support piece, which is 14032
Yeah, none of the diaphragms I can find, show the connection from the v-belt cover to the AC comp....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Add a signature...

..... missingbolts can ba had at NAPA OR most home centers. You don't need Suby parts for generic metric fasteners.
I am not looking for information on the bolt, instead the bracket which is shown in the red circle that has snapped

2015 Forester 2.5i Premium 6spd

2017 2.5i Fozy CVT
1,283 Posts
I am not looking for information on the bolt, instead the bracket which is shown in the red circle that has snapped

2015 Forester 2.5i Premium 6spd
Maybe an epoxy bandaid could be fashioned
Is the bracket plastic or metal? And it is under the cover, I gather...Suby might only sell it as an assy(part of the cover).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Maybe an epoxy bandaid could be fashioned
Is the bracket plastic or metal? And it is under the cover, I gather...Suby might only sell it as an assy(part of the cover).
It’s metal of some sort, and that may be true but I would think it would appear in the cover assembly part diagram

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,984 Posts
It’s metal of some sort, and that may be true but I would think it would appear in the cover assembly part diagram
The bracket you are looking for comes as part of the AC compressor.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah I think the solution is going to be to job weld it back on sometime soon, I’m not really looking to replace the entire ac compressor. I may be able to pull one at a junk yard. Thanks for all the help everybody

1 - 15 of 15 Posts