Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2005 Forester XT
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what type and where you can get replacement bulbs for the round little "eyelet" parking lights in the top corner of each headlight? Also, how difficult is it to replace one those bulbs? It looks like you have to take apart the entire headlight assembly to get them out.

· Registered
2005 Forester XT
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Which is brightest? I'm looking for a much brighter alternative to the stock bulbs. Also, are there any guides on how to replace those? (Peaty, I'm looking in your direction :D )

· Registered
2005 Forester XT
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well whaddya know, youre right! LOL, guess I'll check the manual first next time! Thnx guys.

· Registered
2005 Forester XT
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've always heard LEDs are brighter than regular bulbs.....anyone know if thats true?

· Registered
2005 Forester XT
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
"LED's will be fine, but do not exceed the stock wattage with stock wiring, or you're asking for a meltdown"

Crap....I ordered a set of 7440 LEDs that DennisC linked to above and now you mention that....lol. Think theres still any danger in trying them?

· Registered
2005 Forester XT
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Well, I took apart the headlight assembly today and tried out a 7440 bulb from the link DennisC posted. Unfortunatly it didnt work. It was too large and didnt have the proper connector on the end. I guess I'll try again with the proper 168 wedge bulb but with a white LED (instead of that ugly yellowish bulb). I'm somewhat reluctant to venture back into the assembly though just because removing it is the biggest pain in the donkey in the world. I accidently broke one of the clips on the grill, stripped one of the bolts, scratched my lens removing the platic piece below it, and now my headlight isnt aimed properly.....my advice...dont do it unless youre anal like me and absolutly MUST have what you want. I'll post again with pics when I get the CORRECT wedge bulbs. :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts