Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Forester S MT
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All was fine with my 99 forester. sprayed down and when I got home and turned her off and while walking away I noticed the parking lights were still on. Further investigation I also found the tail lights still on. I tried everything I could think of ...finally had to pull 20 A fuse to get the lights to go out. Now where do I start. Could a relay be bad? Could the light switch on the stalk be bad? Forester S with cold weather package and leather.She's got 109K on her. Any suggestions would be appreciated.:confused:

·
Registered
1999 Forester S MT
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OMG I feel like a chump...I've just had the forester for a few days and was dusting off the dash after hosing the pollen off and had to pull the fuse under the hood to get the parking lights to go out. Now I have been baptised at the holy soobie battery kill switch. I'll know next time. Don't rub my face in it too much. Thanks Guys...:Banane36:

·
admin
2019 3.6R & 98 Forester Atlanta, GA
7,250 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Most won't admit it, but just about everyone has been bit by the battery kill switch at least once.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,449 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Forester
2 Posts
OMG I feel like a chump...I've just had the forester for a few days and was dusting off the dash after hosing the pollen off and had to pull the fuse under the hood to get the parking lights to go out. Now I have been baptised at the holy soobie battery kill switch. I'll know next time. Don't rub my face in it too much. Thanks Guys...:Banane36:
LOL!!! You are not alone. I had been taking the fuse out for a while and was getting ready to take it to a shop. I got on this thread and found out what I had done. Oh well, the "problem" has been solved.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts