2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The wife and I took a weekend trip last weekend to Gatlinburg. While we were down that way we headed down to the Dragon. We trailer the cruiser down in case the weather stayed nice and it was decent enough for us to make a run on the Dragon.

www.kilboy.com has lots of photos from sunday march 7th. We only have photos that we took for now, and plan to buy some of his.

Onto the photos.

The tree of shame

Random photos of different cars/bikes.

according to the owner if the Evo its has a 5 speed swap and a 35R and makes 600whp on high boost.

'

I was LOLing at this bike but it seemed to run good.

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,101 Posts
If you click on the link above and it does not work, close the page and try it again. It works on the 2nd time for me. Then go to page 2 and you will see the Foz in action!

Test

PhotoReflect - Powerhead Productions - killboy.com - Deals Gap - Sunday - March 7, 2010
I like the lifted 4-Runner in action after your pictures :lol:
http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/Orderpage.aspx?pi=04RK013G060052&po=52&pc=1113

I want to make that trip sometime... but I still don't know what car I'd want to do it in.

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Skyline.

funny story.

We are loading up and getting ready to go when a couple Niaan fanbois and a "600whp " evo pulls in. The guy in the 280z says, " I have never seen a real Forester STI before" to which I say, its a Canadian import model! He says that explains the front plate!!!!HAHA. Pam was LOL'ing hard!

Loading a few photos now!

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,101 Posts
Skyline.

funny story.

We are loading up and getting ready to go when a couple Niaan fanbois and a "600whp " wvo pulls in. The guy in the 280z says, " I have never seen a real Forester STI before" to which I say, its a Canadian import model! He says that explains the front plate!!!!HAHA. Pam was LOL'ing hard!

Loading a few photos now!
LMAO :lol: pretty good story, it'd be even funnier if we had more than one of them there at the time and slapped Canadian plates on the fronts of them all. I've got enough spares kicking around here still.

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,101 Posts
according to the owner of the Evo its has a 5 speed swap and a 35R and makes 600whp on high boost.

Well the 35R making 600whp doesn't sound too far fetched... but he'd have to be running race gas, E85 or meth injection to pull off those numbers on a 35R. Not sure why you'd buy a VIII MR just to swap out the 6-speed for a 5... would've been cheaper to buy the RS or basic VIII (GSR) and option out the vortex generator (which I don't even see on there) and buy some take-off MR BBS wheels. Or he went with a Shepard 5-speed, or at least the shepard 1-5 gears for the 6-speed?
I'd call BS, but AMS and Buschur have made some serious numbers on the 35R's. *sigh* I want one... :frown:

Looks like an awesome trip though, I will have a week of vacation to spare next weekend. Maybe I'll make the trip down there to TotD.

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I AM SO JEALOUS!

Will get myself down there on 2 wheels someday. I've been in Virginia a few times, but never down to the dragon.
I want to go back on 2 wheels with 200hp, or on a 1098s!

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well the 35R making 600whp doesn't sound too far fetched... but he'd have to be running race gas, E85 or meth injection to pull off those numbers on a 35R. Not sure why you'd buy a VIII MR just to swap out the 6-speed for a 5... would've been cheaper to buy the RS or basic VIII (GSR) and option out the vortex generator (which I don't even see on there) and buy some take-off MR BBS wheels. Or he went with a Shepard 5-speed, or at least the shepard 1-5 gears for the 6-speed?
I'd call BS, but AMS and Buschur have made some serious numbers on the 35R's. *sigh* I want one... :frown:

Looks like an awesome trip though, I will have a week of vacation to spare next weekend. Maybe I'll make the trip down there to TotD.
A local had a MR 5 speed 35R with upper 500's.

And yes, its the most badass road I have ever been on!

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT
18 Posts
Heading down to Gatlinburg the end of this month with the fam/ in-laws. stayin in a cabin in the mountains. takin the foz n will try n get some more pics from down there.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts