Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
07 XT Sports MT
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have experience with painting a Foresters 06-08 inner surround of the headlights black? I'm looking to do mine, I know there are write ups on this. However, its not something I want to takle on my own. I'm in the Fairfax area and have a heat gun and black high temp. paint for the job.

If anyone is interesting in this let me know, and or if there are others, maybe its something that can be done at a meet.

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT
423 Posts
I found it to be fairly easy. My wife`s hairdryer was enough heat to pull them apart.
I have to tear em open again this weekend because one of my reflectors has fallen off inside. Might have to add a touch of superglue.

Attachments

·
Registered
07 XT Sports MT
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah from what I've seen most if not all of the DIY painted headlights all turned out really great. Interesting about using the hairdryer.

·
Premium Member
07 Forester Sports XT
2,821 Posts
Well, mine turned out great in the end...

I originally masked off the round areas or "rings" so they would stay chrome like in kendo's pic. When I removed the tape, all the paint came with it so I ended up painting them ALL black :evilatyou:

If you use teflon tape it shouldn't be a problem

·
Registered
2007 FXT Limited
304 Posts
Well, mine turned out great in the end...

I originally masked off the round areas or "rings" so they would stay chrome like in kendo's pic. When I removed the tape, all the paint came with it so I ended up painting them ALL black :evilatyou:

If you use teflon tape it shouldn't be a problem
peekchures!

·
Registered
07 XT Sports MT
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh so there has to be at least one other 06/07 forester out there that wants to do this other than me in the Northern Va area.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts