Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester XS Luxury
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally the snow is gone, so i could clean the bottom of the car for my first mod on my Subbie. The looks of the standard exhaust is really a bummer, this has to be improved. So it must be painted black and the blowpipe must be a chrome and bigger one. The end result is really an enormous looks-improvement, i really like it know.

The before and after pic's of the exhaust mod.

exhaust parts.jpg parts

exhaust before.jpg before

exhaust black.jpg black

exhaust end result.jpg end result

Theo

·
Premium Member
2015 Highlander AWD XLE 6AT
4,255 Posts
Looks great!

Thx,
Jim / crewzer

·
Registered
2010 Forester
70 Posts
I like it. What kind of black paint did you use on the exhaust?
Same question. I've tried painting exhaust in the past, but it gets burned off over time (even paint labeled "high temperature").

What really works?

·
2010 Forester XT 4EAT
1,118 Posts
I want to do the same thing if the snow here ever goes away and the temp gets out of the 20's. I have done this on most of my cars and I used grill paint. Not like the grille on a car, but like for a barbeque grill you know! I don't remember the brand, but I know it said it was good up to 1500f and I never had any pealing.

·
Registered
SH10 2.5X Premium 4EAT
260 Posts
i wished i had seen this before i ordered and installed the '10 subaru oem exhaust tips. this looks waaayy better being larger and all. :/

just to have an idea if i ever do it... to paint the exhaust, do i have to uninstall it? or u guys just painted it while it was on?

·
Registered
2010 Forester XS Luxury
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hello all, i have used the Motip Duplicolor Supertherm paint for the mufflers. It can handle streetdirt, fuel and so, that's why i prefer this above BB paint. It can handle 800 celsius , so i think it should stay on. I did not remove anything, just put some (news) paper between the muffler and the parts that does'nt need the paint!!! It really looks awsome, with this size of tips now.

Theo

·
Registered
2010 FORESTER 2.5XT LTD
97 Posts
Finally the snow is gone, so i could clean the bottom of the car for my first mod on my Subbie. The looks of the standard exhaust is really a bummer, this has to be improved. So it must be painted black and the blowpipe must be a chrome and bigger one. The end result is really an enormous looks-improvement, i really like it know.

The before and after pic's of the exhaust mod.

View attachment 22003 parts

View attachment 22004 before

View attachment 22005 black

View attachment 22006 end result

Theo

Deeeze are puurrrrrty.

Hey, can you provide any side shots of these tips? Or if you can tell me how far they extend out past the car? Looks great!

D.

·
Registered
2010 Forester XS Luxury
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Those exhaust tips look great. Do you have the part number?
Deeeze are puurrrrrty.

Hey, can you provide any side shots of these tips? Or if you can tell me how far they extend out past the car? Looks great!

D.
Hello Nick_in_Oz and Danykane, just arrived in my office but i will check and do this when I'm back home.

Theo

·
Registered
2010 FORESTER 2.5XT LTD
97 Posts
Hey Theo,

Looks great! I checked online for those tips but didn't realize you were in Netherlands and couldn't seem to find them here in North America. Also, Mundane had asked if you had to remove your exhaust to paint it black or if you just painted the bottom of it?

Thanks again,

D.

·
Registered
2010 Forester XS Luxury
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey Theo,

Looks great! I checked online for those tips but didn't realize you were in Netherlands and couldn't seem to find them here in North America. Also, Mundane had asked if you had to remove your exhaust to paint it black or if you just painted the bottom of it?

Thanks again,

D.
Hello Danykane, i didn't remove the exhaust. I just put some news-paper in front of the parts that i didn't want black :cool: And yes this means that i only did the back/bottom and side, and after that i put the tips on. I think there are a lot of look-a-likes that has the same size which i have used. In the store it looks huge, but it really fits like a glove :woohoo:

Theo

1 - 20 of 28 Posts