Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2007 MT XT
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a Black 07 XT that I bought used, and it has been missing the passenger side garnish on the quarter panel right in front of the wheel well. I tried ordering a replacement from Subaru through my dealer and even though the computer tells him there should be black ones available, they received a unpainted one. He's giving me a discount on the unpainted one. Just wondering if it's possible to still get the painted garnish from Subaru as it would save me from going to an auto body shop to get it painted.

Cheers, Mike

·
Registered
NA No more! :(
8,529 Posts
If SOC sent the dealership an unpainted piece, there are most likely no more painted pieces left in stock. Unfortunately, they only produce so much in the first few years, and then they only produce collision replacement parts, which are unpainted. Do you have a picture of the piece? I'm having a hard time picturing it. Maybe someone has a spare or you can find one at a junkyard?

·
Registered
2007 MT XT
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm at work, really working hard, so posting a pic might need to wait;o) Dang tried putting up a link, can't do that yet. Okay well the part number is 91112SA160 for the unpainted one, and 91119SA160VW for the painted one.

It's quite a small piece, shaped like an L. Thanks for the quick reply, I don't mind painting just a bit surprised when it came in, because it will add some more wait time as well as some cost.

Cheers, Mike

·
Premium Member
2013 Kia Rio Automatic
1,639 Posts
Ditto Neoshi.

You probably don't want a painted one anyway, it won't match as well, as opposed to an unpainted one that a shop can paint to match your paint as it is today.

...just my 2cents which isn't worth 1cent any more...

·
Registered
2007 MT XT
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That sounds fair, well off to the auto body shop to get some paint matching done and hopefully won't break the bank. Thanks for the suggestions, well up here $0.02 cents is worth more. Thanks.

·
Registered
02 Forester L (sold) Manual
1,221 Posts
Well, if it were a color other than black it may not match...

Try taking it to whatever body shop the dealer uses (or if they have their own). Hopefully they will have some paint pre-mixed already which should be cheaper. Buying a pint of paint to do just that one part would be costly.

·
Registered
2007 MT XT
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll give my dealer a shout, good to know. I guess going somewhere where they already have the right colours makes good sense. Thanks everyone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts