Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at getting the Splash Guards for my new MY06 Forester. See https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_27&products_id=904

Here in Australia, the colour is called Champagne Gold and in the US it seems to be called Champagne Gold OPAL. Are they the one and the same????

Has anyone is Australia ordered from Subaru GenuineParts in the US, and have they had any problems???

*I've also posted this in the Exterior/Body Forum, hoping to get a US based response.

·
Sydney Dinner Organiser
MY05 XT luxury
1,694 Posts
There is a colour code on you vin plate.

Ive got the blue - 35J

If you can find out the colour code for the US version then you will know if they are the same colour and its just a marketing name thats different.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can someone who has a USDM Champagne Gold OPAL Forester, tell me your paint code?

When I pick up mine on the weekend, I will then compare to determine if they are the same. (If I can't sneak into the dealer first, while they are fitting the accessories!) :D

EDIT: I've found the AUS code for Champagne Gold n&grade=XSL&colourcode=9J20). as per below post....its 39J

I think the US code (according to http://www.sherwin-automotive.com/formula/car_detail.cfm), is 39J. That sounds more in line with DickNoses colour for this Blue Forester.r

UPDATE: Looks like my prob is solved! If someone can confirm...it would be appreciated!!!

·
Registered
04 XT Forester Manual
27 Posts
Griffo said:
Has anyone is Australia ordered from Subaru GenuineParts in the US, and have they had any problems???
quote]

Hi Griffo, I got some bits from Jamie (subiegal) at Subaru Genuine Parts and she was great. Not problems from me and would use her again. My springs arrived within 3 weeks of ordering them.

Nigel.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have confirmed the colour code here in Australia for the Champagne Gold. It does in fact appear to be the same as the US model, 39J.

I'm off to order my painted splash guards now!

·
German tech
MY16 Audi S3 Sedan DSG 6 speed
3,563 Posts
Griffo said:
I have confirmed the colour code here in Australia for the Champagne Gold. It does in fact appear to be the same as the US model, 39J.

I'm off to order my painted splash guards now!
Luckily my Obsidian black Forrie will match in just fine with the dealer supplied front muddies ;)

Mmmm, black. Goes with anything :lol:

·
Premium Member
98 Forester...what else
5,714 Posts
I'll look up the part number and the paint code for you in the morning (5 hours).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts