Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Forester X
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else every seen this? I changed the brakes recently and found that one of the pads had somehow had the bottom tab fall out of the braket that holds the pads. This allowed the pad to be pressed against the rotor at an angle, wearing down at an angle. I'm a little curious how this could even happen. Anyone have any ideas? I've changed brakes for years and never seen anything like this. I've attached a photo of the pad for reference.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2015 XC diesel CVT
4,053 Posts
seized piston/sticking caliper slide pin/ pad trapped on it's antirattle spring at one end.

·
Registered
2003 Forester X
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm. When I pushed the pistons back to put the new pads in they seemed to go back smoothly. I also greased up the caliper pins. Anything else I should check, or just monitor it going forward?

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester 4EAT
5,462 Posts
My guess is a hung brake for some reason. If mechanicly everything seems okay at the wheel, then look for a collapsed brake line, debris in brake fluid, bad antilock brake motor thingy.... You need to find a reason this one corner is not releasing pressure. Light pressure all the time can cause that kind of wear, but generally, as previously posted, something is generally hung up at the wheel to cause that. Bent Caliper bolts can limit movement. Can't remember right now how fozzy calipers float.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts