1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2003 XT 2.0l
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have a 2003 model 2.0lt XT
The engine warning light is on and I've used Learning View to determine that the fault code is
P1110 Atmospheric pressure sensor low input

I've searched through the schematics, but the only pressure sensor that I can find is the manifold air pressure (MAP) sensor.
Can anybody tell me where the atmos pressure sensor is located in a forester?

I'm beginning to suspect that it could be integral to the ecu but I'm hoping thats not the case,
Thanks in advance for any info/guesses,
Daithí

·
Registered
2003 XT 2.0l
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I opened up my ECU and found the atmos pressure sensor.
Its a 3 terminal device about the size of a TO-220 transistor package.
It has the markings "IS373 6D21"
Does anyone know who makes this sensor or how I might find a part number for it? It seems a shame to get a whole new ECU for one bad device,
Thanks,
Daithí

ps: does anyone know what the typical output voltage range of such a sensor might be?

·
Registered
377 Posts
It is a shame but these complex boards are difficult to repair; a two-sided board w/ surface mount resistors. If you try to solder one point another may come loose.

I recently tried working on an Acura ECU w/ a gap in trace due to corrosion from failed electrolytic capacitor leakage. I had to remove bad capacitor and other parts to access the tiny flaw and lost one surface mount resistor; never saw it fall off.

A used part may be best bet. That's what saved my bacon on the Acura. A used ECU was only $50 shipped. I don't know about Ireland but in US, you can find scrapyards online and search for parts; car-part.com is a excellent US resource I use. Hopefully, something similar in Ireland.

good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts