Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Mad Englishman.
MY06 Forester STi 6MT
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to plug this again, I have just added my name to the list on the P1woc.co.uk forum thus:

163. adavenport impreza P1 #0091
164 Wimpy WRX Wagon
p1woc
165. Rye Impreza P1 #0597
166. Scooby-k P1
167. PHm P1 #536
SubaruForester.org
168. NorthDownsScooby (Forester STi) - also SurreyScoobies.

Anyone care to join me....?

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

At PRODRIVE Sunday 9th May 2010
Who would believe the mighty P1 is 10 years old this year.

To celebrate this we at the P1 WOC have decided to acknowledge the challenges that Prodrive undertook and achieved in creating the Impreza into a Supercar.
We are currently trying to get as many P1's gathered together in one place ALL at the same time ever. Yes at PRODRIVE

Prodrive are just off Jnc 11 off the M40 in Banbury
Website and address details are here
prodrive

So we get an idea of how many P1's are going can you put your car next to your name please.
Even if you don't own a P1 but do have a Subaru you are all more than welcome to come along and join in the day.

There will be marshalls on the day to point you in the right direction to park your cars (P1's Only at the front of Prodrive)
Prodrive will be opening the Heritage Centre so people will be able to see all the cars in there, plus the Prodrive shop will be open.

All donations on the day will go to the Horton Hospital Charity, with an invite to the Richard Burns Foundation.

Start time 10.00am
Finish time 15.00hrs

ALL P1's to be parked up and in place by 9.30am please.
Site plan will be provided if needed.

Itinerary for the day
Invitations to ALL Subaru clubs (Where possible)
Prodrive Merchandise and Parts for sale on the day (To be paid for on the day)
Local News coverage and TV hopefully
P1 WOC merchandise for sale on the day
Commemorative plaque produced for all P1 Owners (At cost)
Commemorative Sticker on the day for all who attend

All the following mags will be asked to attend
Total Impreza Mag TBC
Japanese Performance Mag TBC
Banzai mag TBC
Autocar TBC
EVO Mag TBC

For ALL P1 and Subaru Owners that want to be apart of this then please visit P1woc Home and put your name on the list now started on there, it's free to register if your not already.

·
Registered
2004 WRX PPP Wagon Manual
153 Posts
Just waiting for my account to be activated and I will put my name down.
Why not use this as as the meet up that English Ben suggested?

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,566 Posts
Hmm hope to be there checking Diary, managed the McRae bash and as its only 20mins from my door......

Simon

·
Registered
2000 s-turbo
229 Posts
Why not use this as as the meet up that English Ben suggested?
I've already suggested it in the thread

If I'm not working I'll be there, looks like it could be a good day

Also the A361 from the M1 to Banbury is a corker, I worked in Chipping Warden for a couple of years, although I did get the sack for writing off a brand new MGTF during a PDI road test, happy days :biggrin:

·
Mad Englishman.
MY06 Forester STi 6MT
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rapidly approaching this one now.

I shall be staying the Sat night before the meet in a hotel near by, and hopefully finding some people for a few beers in the hotel bar. If anyone fancies a bevvie drop me a PM and I'll let you know where we are - got a couple of people staying from SurreyScoobies too I think, but I'm sure they'll be others. Could be quite a large night...

:biggrin:

·
Mad Englishman.
MY06 Forester STi 6MT
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Clearance prices list of Prodrive parts for those contemplating coming along:

http://www.prodrive.com/up/Subaru%20stock%20clearance%209%20May.pdf

No prices stated but I note the following:

FORESTER PERFORMANCE KIT, 99MY number available: 9

"All items are offered for sale at clearance prices – prices available on the day"

:biggrin:

A few alloy sets available too !!

·
Registered
2004 WRX PPP Wagon Manual
153 Posts
Good find, should be something there to tempt me. Getting mine mapped by Bob Rawle the day before:biggrin:
See you on the day, John.

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,759 Posts
I recall seeing a P1 for the first time while on holiday in Edinburgh, beautiful car ! Someone post pics from this event when its over .

·
Mad Englishman.
MY06 Forester STi 6MT
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I recall seeing a P1 for the first time while on holiday in Edinburgh, beautiful car ! Someone post pics from this event when its over .
Oh I'm fairly sure someone will :rock:

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,870 Posts
Just as an aside.........

This is the "only" part (apart from the crystal headlights) that I have of my old P1 (car is still alive and kicking as far as i know)

For some reason Subaru used some dodgy printer to do the UK vin plates and all the lettering disappeared. Took 2 months to get a new one from their Homologation dept.

Just having collected it from the dealer...............July 2000

·
Registered
2008 GRB 20th anniversary 6 MT
6,570 Posts
Just as an aside.........

This is the "only" part (apart from the crystal headlights) that I have of my old P1 (car is still alive and kicking as far as i know)

For some reason Subaru used some dodgy printer to do the UK vin plates and all the lettering disappeared. Took 2 months to get a new one from their Homologation dept.

Just having collected it from the dealer...............July 2000
Nice car! Any more pics? :woohoo:

·
Mad Englishman.
MY06 Forester STi 6MT
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not on the list, but its taxed 'til July2010, who's Julian ?
You. Just thought it was so long since anyone called you the wrong name Simon that I would resurrect it. :catfight:

·
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,870 Posts
Nice car! Any more pics? :woohoo:
Just a couple taken at one of the first SIDC/Scoobynet "Prodrive Live" days at Prodrive Kenilworth.......

It's one of those at the back.........

A few minor cosmetic mods since new.......... and ready for the "wet handling course":biggrin::biggrin:

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,759 Posts
So I have to ask Don, how is the P1 compared to the bugeye version ? Does your XT even come close ? :biggrin: From what I've read this is the best road going version to buy, 22b is holy grail but not really for the street

Here's some pics of the one I saw, at the time we had nothing with a turbo in North American with the exception of a severaly detuned (and rather pointelss ) 91-93 Legacy turbo.

·
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,870 Posts
So I have to ask Don, how is the P1 compared to the bugeye version ? Does your XT even come close ? :biggrin:
The P1 was a very nice car to drive, unfortunately the roads around where I live didn't agree with the ride height and the front lip spoiler :icon_frown:
On the track great.

Have never actually driven a newage impreza so unable to say.
Not strictly true, I have driven one..............group N spec:woohoo:

The XT ,as it is now, is much more of a sleeper and actually more fun as it doesn't "stand out from the crowd".:biggrin::biggrin:

·
Mad Englishman.
MY06 Forester STi 6MT
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The SurreyScoobies mob are congregating first at 09:30 in the Holiday Inn car park just off the Banbury turning on the M40, so that we can be positioned as one. If any of you Fozzy guys want in, that's the time & place to meet me :Banane35:

If not, hopefully I'll have the flag flying so will be fairly visible :biggrin:

·
Mad Englishman.
MY06 Forester STi 6MT
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
A top day out !!

And a nice surprise to see Don1952 waiting for us at the Surrey meet point first thing in the morning, and to meet FForester for the first time fresh from his first mapping session :biggrin:

Three foresters there in total there - all ours :woohoo:

Will post up some photos in due course.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts