Hey guys, was hoping I could get your thoughts diagnosing this code. I’ve been trying to fix my small EVAP leak and just replaced the purge control solenoid (under the hood) and am now getting a high volatage code for it.
I took my multi meter to it and found the follow:
- very small resistance between harness terminals (35 ohms I believe)
- 12 V coming from one terminal and 0V on the other with the car off
- cycling 4.5V on/off from other terminal when car is on and in test mode
- stripped the cover from the wires about 5 inches to look for shorts and didn’t find anything
- car throws a high voltage code when harness is plugged into solenoid and a low voltage code when it’s unplugged.
Am I correct assuming there is a short?
Also on a side note is it possible to just disable the EVAP codes completely? I’ve been chasing this issue for 5 months now and getting nowhere.
Oh and I should add that the purge solenoid does not function in test mode but will work when I bench test it.