Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
04 Forester XT
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had the check engine light on my 04 XT on for about 2 weeks now. Ran the code, and it's the wonderfully vague P0171. I had this same problem about a year ago, and it was easily resolved by pouring some fuel injector cleaner into the tank. This time however I've poured at least three bottles in there over the course of the last three trips to the gas station, and the problem still hasn't resolved. The only other thing I could think of is maybe a dirty or faulty sensor, because I'm pretty sure I'd be aware if it were a vacuum leak. Does anyone have any suggestions for me to try and get rid of this engine code?

I just passed 80k miles, and had a free inspection at the dealership, and they said the car was in good shape, except for the belts getting a bit worn, and the engine light which "they would need to further inspect to be able to diagnose". However I'm certainly not going to pay the dealer $150 to tell me what I already know, and another $300 to do things I can do on my own, so I'd like to avoid having to take it back there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts