Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2006 XT 4EAT
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled a P0021 last night. I was driving on the freeway about 10* out and CEL came on. No loud noises, bangs, shaking, burning smells. "P0021" I have spent all morning reading about this code but most all posts are MY03-05.. I understand it has to do with oil pressure and 0021 is drivers side.. 0011 passenger

First question is: Did they remove the screens from the OCV's and or banjo bolts in the 06's?
I am reading there are a total of 4 screens between the banjo bolts and OCV's but am confused as to where they are or exactly how many.

I changed my oil and filter last night and am wondering if I should reset light before moving on to see if it was just bad oil? 3,200 miles sense last oil change.

From reading here is what I have come up with to do/check.
1. Change oil/filter Did that should I reset cel?
2. Take out all screens in system and clean banjo's.
3. Clean and swap OCV's and see if code changes.
4. Check timing belt to see if jumped teeth.

Any help with this would be great but really wondering about the screens and OCV's locations.

·
Registered
2008 Legacy 2.5i 5-Speed Manual
37 Posts
Hate to be brutally honest but its gonna come down to having to start replacing parts. Its somehow the design of the oil system in these subarus, not enough oil is getting to certain parts and they start failing, i really do not think these screens are the main culprit, there is some underlying reason for the oil pressure to be low. For your problem you will probably start with the camshaft actuator and go from there, next is turbo, next is who knows. Good luck man, i would take it to a shop and have them check everything right away dont fool with changing the oil and flushing the system it wont actually "solve" the problem, just continue to hide it until it damages something else.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts